The Career Coach will serve as a member of our team operating three Financial Empowerment Centers (FEC) in South Dallas. This position will work one-on-one with clients seeking to develop employment skills, advance in their current role or find new career opportunities that lead to sustainable employment with a living wage and benefits. Candidates should also be proficient with technology to perform virtual services and client meetings through a Zoom platform. Evening and weekend hours may be required for this position. Local travel is required. Fluency in Spanish is strongly preferred. The salary is $55,000.
• Engage in the WiNGS coaching methodology, coaching adults one-on-one and in groups regarding career exploration and planning, employment search, skill preparation and application preparation.
• Assist with outreach efforts to recruit clients seeking career services.
• Assist clients with developing action plans for career goals; provide appropriate and timely follow-up; document all actions in client database.
• Coordinate and track referrals to community assistance programs to increase client success.
• Document all client progress, prepare progress reports, celebrate successes.
• Track and report participant outcomes.
• Research and stay current on industry practices and trends.
• Establish positive relationships with community partners.
ESSENTIAL QUALITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field preferred; minimum of 2-4 years prior experience working with
employment services is preferred.
• English/Spanish bilingual proficiency is strongly preferred.
• Commitment to WiNGS mission and values including an understanding of barriers faced by low-income families.
• Personal qualities of maturity, self-awareness, empathy, flexibility, cultural humility, and an exceptional capacity for team and community building.
• Must be able to work flexible schedule, including some nights and weekends.
• Must have reliable transportation for local travel
WiNGS offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life
insurance, short- and long-term disability plans and retirement, as well as an environment where your professional growth and advancement are cultivated. WiNGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For immediate consideration, qualified candidates should submit a resume or application to email@example.com