The Development Director plans and executes Hope Cottage fundraising activities, and assists with agency marketing and social media presence. The Director is responsible for the development and management of vital agency relationships such as, but not limited to: donors, grantors, supporters, and agency adoptive families. This position is critical to overall agency financial success to be able to fulfill its mission to transform lives with the love of family through adoption, foster care, education and parenting support. This position is an advocate for Hope Cottage in raising awareness of its programs.
- Plans and implements fundraising activities to meet annual budgetary goals
- Stewards current donors to increase giving levels
- Ensures donor gifts are acknowledged promptly and donors feel appreciated for their contributions
- Produces annual appeal and implements other solicitations to meet annual fundraising goals
- Writes, reviews and submits foundation and private grants
- Develops and implements campaign strategy for North Texas Giving Day and other external giving opportunities
- Is liaison to board development committee
- Works with CEO and development committee to support long term fundraising goals, e.g. working with donors who have potential for major gifts, endowed funds or estate gifts
- Manages website to ensure information is current and accurate; contributes significant content
- Assists and reviews Hope Cottage social media posts.
- Produces newsletters and annual report
- Ensures brochures, rack cards and marketing materials are consistent with Hope Cottage branding
Management & Team Member Activities
- Manages donor database to ensure information is accurate and complete
- Administers development budget
- Ensures compliance with all organization policies, guidelines, and procedures
- Must embrace adoption as a positive option
- Engages staff in Hope Cottage donor recognition and events
- Maintains a neat and clean appearance, always.
- Maintains confidentiality of client information 100% of the time.
- Consistently follows Hope Cottage code of honor.
Education, Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and development experience
- Must have a passion for the statement: Loving families grow here, and demonstrate a passion for our vision: A safe, loving family for everyone.
- Must have excellent fund development knowledge, personal interaction skills, be an adept and comfortable public speaker.
- Must demonstrate above average writing ability with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be self-directed and self-motivated to perform job activities
- Ability to follow instructions and complete documents in an efficient and organized manner and practice a high degree of confidentiality.
- Proficieny in Microsoft Office, Outlook, database programs, and web based software.
- Demonstrates mastery in maintaining and managing donor database, Bloomerang experience a plus.
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Must be fluent in English language
- Must be skilled in Square Space and managing agency website.
- Be skilled with Adobe Creative Suite, Canva or comparable publishing programs.
- Must have access to reliable automobile for use in conducting agency business.
- Possess a valid Texas driver’s license and auto liability insurance to meet state minimum requirements
Please send resume with salary requirements to - Sbohan@hopecottage.org