Are you ready to join an organization where you can provide proven impact to students and change the trajectory of their lives? Envision all Americans living lives with financial knowledge and freedom. At Junior Achievement of Dallas, we get to work toward that goal every day. Although not always easy, lives are changed.
You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. You will connect with people and make a lifechanging impact and partner with schools, companies, individuals, and others to ensure everyone has access to choices for a financially healthy life.
Junior Achievement of Dallas is committed to diversity, equity and inclusiveness in our employees, board members, volunteers, and the students we serve. We offer our employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Capstone Coordinator actively contributes to the effective operation of JA BizTown, JA BizTown Virtual, and JA Finance Park simulations assuring quality and effectiveness of the student, teacher and volunteer experience. This position provides administrative, facilitation, and outreach support by working closely with the Director of Capstone Operations, students, teachers, volunteers, and fellow team members.
Title: Capstone Coordinator
Scope: Full Time Position
Reports to: Director of Capstone Operations
Position Type: Hybrid
Salary Range: $14.84 - $17.81
- Assist the Capstone Director with testing, assessments, and recruiting
- Work with school district representatives to provide information and resolve inquiries related to program implementation/funding and evaluation
- Inspect, update, and maintain equipment and facilities as assigned by the Capstone Director
- Create simulations in CMS for capstone programs
- Assist with resetting the facility/virtual program each day for the next day’s students
- Assist with conducting the Capstone simulation as assigned by the Capstone Director
- Develop and implement tools to provide the needed information to volunteers and students during their day in the town or park
- Steward relationships with educators and volunteers; write thank you letters and maintain records
- Assist the Capstone Director in developing and preparing marketing materials and other program materials for use in the Capstone facilities
- Conduct tours of the facilities as directed by the Capstone Director
- Ensure pre/post-test, volunteer and educator surveys are complete
- Process student/class registrations and maintain records
- Run BCRM reports/queries for Capstone programs as needed
- Collect MOUs and rosters from schools
- Attend JA USA education calls
- BCRM Data Entry
- Other projects as required
- Culturally sensitive with confirmed ability to develop positive relationships with stakeholders of different ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds and from businesses and industries of varying size and scope
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Prior experience in a fast-paced environment
- Prior experience working with children
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong intrapreneurial mindset with desire to take initiative
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks in a fast paced, changing environment
- Must possess strong written/verbal communication skills and be a confident speaker
- Flexible with time; able to be on feet for long periods of time
- Organized and detail oriented
- Advanced computer skills
- Bilingual (Spanish-speaking) a plus
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The essential functions of this job may require an individual to frequently sit, walk, lift approximately 25-50 pounds of weight on occasions. Will need to have the ability to communicate with staff, students, and volunteers. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested individuals should submit a resume and cover letter to Tamiko Stenline at Tstenline@jadallas.org. Deadline August 31, 2022.