Hill School of Fort Worth is looking for a dynamic, hard-working individual to fill the critical role of Accounting Manager. Located in southwest Fort Worth, Texas, Hill School is a college preparatory, private school for K-12 students with dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, ADHD, high-functioning ASD, and other learning differences. Join the Hill School family and help us ensure that all different learners have the opportunity to succeed! Learn more at hillschool.org.
Objective: The Hill School Accounting Manager is responsible for leading the business practices of the school including all accounting, financial reporting, payroll and benefits coordination for the administrative office.
This position requires a motivated, well-organized individual who is able to lead the Business Office, while keeping accurate financial reports and ensuring the financial stability of the school.
· Reports to: Head of School
· Flex-time or full-time position; expected minimum of 30 hours week with flexibility
· Benefits package provided; wage commensurate with experience and education
· Supervise the work of the school accountant and business office personnel.
· Use standard accounting and bookkeeping procedures to keep accurate records of the cash and financial position of the school while maintaining stable financial operations of the institution.
· Prepare monthly financial statements for the Head of School, Finance Committee, and the Board of Trustees.
· Reconcile financial institution accounts on a monthly basis, reconcile general ledger accounts with subsidiary ledgers in a timely manner, prepare journal entries as necessary, supervise the accounts payable and receivable function, prepare and maintain payroll records.
· Establish a plan and schedule for the preparation of the annual budget alongside the Head of School that will determine the succeeding year's tuition rates.
· Provide for the securing of an annual audit of the school's financial records and financial positions.
· Oversee all school purchasing, risk management, financial investments, banking activities, payroll, and benefits program.
· Provide staff support and serve as an ex-officio member, in conjunction with the Head of School, to the Finance Committee, the Board of Trustees, and the Hill School Foundation.
· Manage risk at the school to ensure the safety of personnel and students in their use of the facilities and maintain appropriate levels of insurance to protect the property and cover the liability of the school.
· Assist the Head of School with decisions regarding salaries and benefits for all personnel, including the evaluation of support staff.
· Coordinate monthly meetings of support personnel in review of calendar, policy, procedure and build comradery among the staff members.
· Demonstrate professional and responsible work habits.
· To work in collaboration with other members of the administrative team for the benefit of the school, in any capacity necessary.
Qualifications and Skills:
· Bachelor’s Degree; 3-5 years accounting experience required (Accounts Payable and/or General ledger); non-profit accounting experience preferred.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office is expected.
· Professional written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to Roxann Breyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.