Boys & Girls Clubs of Collin County is offering exciting opportunity for the right person to join our dynamic, forward-thinking team. We rely on the dedication of caring employees to provide a safe, nurturing environment for kids to learn and grow. We take pride in our highly skilled, diverse, and committed workforce. We are looking for our next Development Manager to make a positive impact on kids’ lives.
In accordance with the elements of competence established for Boys & Girls Club resource development professionals, the Development Manager is responsible for generating fundraising income through campaigns targeting foundations, corporations, civic groups and individual donors. The Development Manager provides writing support for foundation and corporate grant requests and acknowledgment of donor gifts; provides coordination in planning and implementation of special events; and coordinates with staff in seeking grant funds including database management.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of the strategic plan regarding activities relating to donor solicitations and other Club fundraising efforts.
- Contribute to acquiring financial support.
- Work with Club management to solicit corporations and civic groups for donations and other support; and
- Plan and implement special fundraising events.
- Manage administrative and operational systems to:
- Track fundraising income, compile income status reports and variance reports; and
- Recognize contributions with acknowledgment letters and special recognition events.
- Assist with coordination and maintenance of an inter-departmental resource for matching development opportunities with available program funding.
- Create and manage Collin County community-specific background information and program overviews to help tell the Boys & Girls Clubs of Collin County story and share the impact of our approach with prospective/existing donors.
- Work closely with Development team to ensure all documents are consistent with Boys & Girls Clubs of Collin County core messaging and the organizational communications strategy.
- Assist with the development and management of information resources.
- Research relevant statistics, data and sector information as needed.
- Support our team in developing and implementing interactive digital graphic marketing campaigns.
- Ensure a productive working environment, providing staff support to Club management on fundraising issues. Attend various committee meetings, assist with mailings, write follow-up letters and track and manage donor data in the CRM database.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required or as assigned.
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with Club management to exchange information, seek and give assistance, consultation, and direction. Maintain contact with financial staff and support staff. Maintain verbal and written contact with volunteers and volunteer committees.
External: Maintain contact with community and corporate leaders, schools, parents and local residents to seek financial support and provide information regarding Club activities and needs.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of two years’ work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar nonprofit with an emphasis on fundraising, marketing, management, budgeting, community and public relations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A track record of reliability, some independent work and creativity.
- Knowledge of accounting principles as they relate to fundraising.
Interested? Please send resumes to Shiron Johnson, HR Business Partner at email@example.com or info.bgccc.org.