Business Coordinator/Assistant to the CEO
$40,000 – 45,000+ contingent on experience
- Provide administrative assistance to the CEO. Work with the agency CEO in providing general administrative support, and light bookkeeping for the CEO and Controller.
- At CEO’s direction work with the Chief Operations Officer (COO), Controller, and Chief Development Officer (CDO) in providing these administrators with general support as needed.
- Oversee general administrative/business systems, including but not limited to:
Petty Cash/Check Requests/Bank Deposits
- Work with Controller, CEO, and COO in managing the flow of cash requests, check requests, bank deposits, and the reconciliation of monthly cash distribution.
Managing CEO’s Paper Flow
- Design and maintain an efficient filing system for documents coming through the CEO’s office.
Manage CEO and BOD Calendar
- Assist the CEO in managing monthly meetings & appointments calendar;
- Maintain Board of Director’s (BOD) meeting calendars.
Office Equipment and Supplies
- Serve as primary contract for all office equipment and supply vendors;
- Maintain office copier, ensuring regular maintenance and copy supplies (toner, paper, etc.);
- Coordinate monthly office supply orders for admin and operations divisions.
Manage Telephone System
- Serve as primary liaison to all telephone vendors (landline and cellular);
- Maintain a roster of all current staff, their contact cell phone numbers, and (if any) an inventory of agency-assigned communications devices;
- Add and delete staff to the agency-wide virtual telephone system as need;
- Monitor telephone voice messages to the CEO.
- Prepare and monitor vehicle maintenance calendars;
- Ensure that all vehicles have current registrations.
Board of Directors
- Serve as the CEO’s liaison to the Board of Directors;
- Manage BOD rosters and meeting calendars;
- Generate monthly BOD meetings and email reminders;
- Prepare monthly BOD meeting packets and prepare meeting space.
- Be available to be one of our “faces to the public”;
- Be well-versed in the agency’s mission, scope of programs, and role in the community of homeless service providers in Fort Worth and Tarrant County;
- Engage with community partners, at the direction of the CEO.
- Design a system for inventorying all hardware components in our computer system, and review quarterly;
- Monitor the need for replacement and/or additional computer hardware (e.g. laptops, printers, etc.);
- Maintain independent proficiency in MSOffice suite of productivity tools (Word, EXCEL, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Serve as liaison to the agency’s Personnel Employee Organization (G & A Partners, otherwise referred to as "GNA");
- Assist CEO and COO in on-boarding new employees into the GNA system, and in removing terminated employees;
- Assist individual employees, as needed, in annual benefits renewals;
- Maintain personnel records as directed by CEO;
- Ensure that all administrative staff have submitted their time sheets in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Serve as a liaison to the agency’s insurance broker, and work with CEO and Controller to ensure that all policies are current and renewed in a timely fashion.
- Residential Property Management Oversight
- Liaison to real estate property management companies where DRC has placed housing clients;
- Oversight of DRC real estate property as the need arises (note: DRC currently does NOT own any real estate.)
Other duties as assigned by the CEO
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in working as an administrative assistant in senior administration and/or business/office coordinator as defined in this job description;
- Pleasant demeanor, grace in tolerating frustration and ambiguity, self-starter, problem solver;
- Ability to lift 45 lbs.;
- Current in COVID vaccinations;
- HS graduate/GED. Some college coursework, or degreed preferred.
SPECIAL SKILLS, COURSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND LICENSES
- Valid Texas Driver’s License;
- Proof of US citizenship;
- Criminal clearance;
- Proficient computer skills, including but not limited to independent proficiency in internet, MS Word, MS EXCEL, MS Outlook (including calendar) and MS PowerPoint;
PERSONAL AND PUBLIC CONTACT
- This position requires internal and external contacts with staff at all levels of the agency, including but not limited to all administrative staff, COO, agency case managers, and the Board of Directors.
- It is required that the employee has the means for traveling to and from the DRC administrative office and home, and occasional trips to the bank, post office, and remote program sites, etc.
SUPERVISORY RELATIONSHIPS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- This position is supervised by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO);
- This position may oversee one (1) additional administrative assistant.
Please send your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.