The Admissions Associate is an outcome driven position responsible for recruiting new students. By nurturing inquiries and applications, cultivating relationships with campus ministries, faith communities, and other settings where theological education is valued, they will build momentum in interest and facilitate discernment with prospective students. Their work will also be inclusive of events, virtual chats, and campus experiences at Brite. The person in this position will have and show evidence of capacity to recruit across diverse contexts. Duties and Essential Job Functions:
1. Promotes Brite’s ethos of scholarship, justice, and practice by working with the Assistant Dean of Admissions to implement established recruiting strategies; coordinating, implementing, and staffing events; representing Brite at events; conducting special tours virtually and in person.
2. Actively engages social media and other campus activities that promote Brite; works to identify and recruit prospective students through calls, nurturing referrals, and building rapport with campus ministers, community faith leaders, and other influencers.
3. Hosts applicants in informal meetings and formal evaluative interviews; advises prospective students on degree program and vocational pathway options; expedites application documents; routinely communicates application status to applicant and Assistant Dean of Admissions; and assesses the applicant’s academic needs and appropriateness of Brite for their graduate education.
4. Plans, shares, reconciles, and reports travel and programming related expenses for recruiting.
5. Performs other related duties as assigned Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
· Valid Texas Driver’s License.
· Must be insurable under the university motor vehicle requirements. Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
· None Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Knowledge of advising and counseling techniques.
· Knowledge of presentations and interpersonal relationship techniques.
· Knowledge of customer service techniques.
· Knowledge of multi-cultural diversity on campus.
· Knowledge of graduate school life.
· Knowledge of relevant TCU programs.
· Skill in some or all components of Microsoft Office.
· Ability to establish priorities.
· Ability to clearly communicate verbally.
· Ability to draft grammatically correct correspondence.
Please apply through the Texas Christian University website job listing: https://hr.tcu.edu/