Type: Volunteer, Part-time
About Us: At Destiel, our mission is to uplift and empower the LGBTQ+ community through compassion, advocacy, and personal growth. Pillars of impact will include education, support networks, and community engagement, as we aim to inspire resilience, promote inclusivity, and carve a path towards a brighter future where diversity is celebrated, equality prevails, and every LGBTQ+ person can soar to new heights in rural and urban communities.
Position Overview: We are in search of a meticulous and experienced individual to assume the role of Secretary on the Board of Directors. The Secretary will play a pivotal role in administering board activities, with a primary focus on producing comprehensive and accurate meeting minutes. This role is tailored for someone who not only appreciates the intricacies of nonprofit operations but also recognizes the detailed oriented role of record-keeping plays in maintaining compliance with IRS regulations. This is a part-time remote role, ideal for someone who can manage various tasks while contributing to our early-stage organization's growth.
- Showcase expertise in producing thorough and precise meeting minutes that reflect discussions, decisions, and action items accurately.
- Establish and manage an impeccably organized archive of board meeting minutes and pertinent documents.
- Collaborate closely with board members and staff to coordinate meeting schedules, distribute agendas, and gather necessary materials.
- Coordinate with the other Board Directors and President to craft well-structured meeting agendas.
- Facilitate the creation of reports, presentations, and documentation for board meetings.
- Guarantee seamless communication channels between board members, ensuring timely dissemination of information.
- Extend administrative support to the board, including correspondence management, record-keeping, and involvement in special projects.
- Exemplify the highest level of confidentiality when handling sensitive organizational matters.
- Contribute substantively to strategic dialogues and decision-making as an active, engaged board member.
- Deep dedication to the values and objectives of Destiel.
- Proven track record in a similar administrative or secretarial capacity, with a spotlight on meticulous record-keeping and documentation.
- Exemplary organizational aptitude and a steadfast attention to detail.
- Superlative written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite or analogous tools.
- Adeptness in fostering a collaborative atmosphere within a team-oriented context.
- Exemplary professional conduct characterized by respect and diplomacy.
- Familiarity with nonprofit governance and regulations is highly advantageous.
Time Commitment: This is a voluntary, part-time position. The Secretary is expected to participate in regular board meetings (currently weekly as the organization is new and allocate additional time for preparatory work, correspondence, and other administrative duties. The estimated weekly time commitment is roughly 5 to 15 hours a week.
To apply, please follow these steps:
- Prepare your resume and a concise cover letter that outlines your qualifications for the Secretary position at Destiel.
- Attach your resume and cover letter in PDF format.
- Email your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line:
"Application for Secretary - [Your Full Name]."
We will review applications on a rolling basis.
Thank you for your interest in joining Destiel and contributing to our mission.
Destiel is an equal opportunity organization. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds and experiences.