Family Compass, a non-profit organization dedicated to building healthy families and a strong North Texas community by preventing child abuse and neglect seeks a Parent Educator responsible for implementing all components of the Growing As Parents program in Dallas county, a home visitation model for at-risk families. In addition to conducting home visits, program responsibilities include case management, initial assessments, goal setting, developmental screenings, program evaluation, and teaching positive parenting skills and child development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide home visitation services to 15 to 20 pregnant or parenting teen mothers and their children according to the Parents as Teachers program model.
- Utilize Parents as Teachers curriculum to teach healthy childcare and development, enhance parent-child relationships, and reduce parental stress.
- Jointly develop with each family an individualized service plan while providing support to achieve family goals.
- Assist families in identifying and accessing social service agencies or community resources that enhance family stability.
- Adhere to all policies, procedures, and program guidelines of Family Compass, especially confidentiality policies and abuse reporting laws, as well as any State or Federal statutes.
- Maintain accurate case records and submit required reports under strict deadlines that meet program, funding, and administrative guidelines.
- Manage caseloads, maintain client contacts, perform client evaluations, and monitor client services in accordance with program guidelines.
- Participate in the planning and creating of Group Connection each month. This includes creating the flyer each month, attending each Group Connection monthly and on occasion facilitating the Group Connection for that month.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and cultural competence in work with families from various ethnic and cultural groups, socioeconomic levels, and lifestyles.
- Participate in active recruiting for families and provide community awareness of child abuse prevention and Family Compass.
- Serve as liaison to various coalitions and community groups.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree preferred or AA plus (3) three years comparable experience, early childhood, education in child health and development and working knowledge of the field of child abuse and neglect. Experience with Parents as Teachers programs preferred. Ability to learn and use computer, including word processing, spreadsheets, email, and data entry; and ability to perform duties while working independently, as well as within a team, and with moderate supervision. Must have current driver license, vehicle and liability insurance and be available to work some evenings.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, generous PTO, 401k Plan
- Competitive Salaries with Base Pay Range: $38,000/yr - $42,000/yr based on qualifications
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Professional Growth and Development Opportunities
For further consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org