The Bilingual Outreach and Education Coordinator is responsible for engaging the Spanish speaking community in the greater Dallas area to ensure that Spanish speaking survivors and their loved ones are aware of their rights and immediate resources following sexual assault, community resources (specifically DARCC and its remote advocacy and counseling services) for support and healing and have access to knowledge about sexual violence and its impact. Their work will include in-person and virtual informational sessions for adults and youth to educate the public about sexual violence and bring awareness to sexual assault issues and resources in the North Texas area.
- Coordinate with schools, churches, businesses, and community-based organizations in primarily Spanish-speaking communities to develop relationships and provide informational sessions and presentations about issues related to sexual violence
- Schedule and attend various community outreach events to network with service providers and spread awareness about DARCC’s sexual assault programs and services
- Conduct research, create and/or customize content, and track data for informational sessions
- Prepare and maintain monthly events calendar and all necessary monthly reports and tracking systems as required by agency policies
- Attend professional workshops and conferences to develop and enhance skills and knowledge.
- Attend DARCC Sexual Assault Advocacy Training
- Perform other education program-related and administrative duties as assigned
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people and have a non-judgmental, accepting attitude toward people regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, or appearance
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in both English and Spanish
- Organizational and Time Management skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends as needed
- Able to stand for long periods of time and lift or carry supplies up to 25 lbs.
- Demonstrated commitment to public interest work, especially experience working on sexual violence issues
DARCC is dedicated to the goal of building a cultural and gender diverse workplace committed to working within a multicultural community and strongly encourages applications from minority populations.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is the policy of the Dallas Area Rape Crisis Center to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons, and to recruit, hire, train, promote, and compensate persons in all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.