Family Gateway’s Emergency Shelter Bilingual (English/Spanish) Housing Stability Case Manager is
responsible for serving families with children experiencing homelessness by empowering families with
tools & resources to transition from homeless to housed as quickly as possible.
• Establish appropriate relationships with adults and children in a shelter environment by
providing insight, redirection and supporting program/policy compliance.
• Contribute positively to the evening/weekend atmosphere by reinforcing agency structure,
guidelines and expectations.
• Communicate with Guests in a manner that promotes dignity, respect, and understanding.
• Maintain a clean facility by keeping Guests accountable of their spaces, community
responsibilities and children.
• Assist with or take the lead in preparing/setting up activities/groups/cafeteria.
• Encourage and gather Guests for events, groups, and activities.
• Partner with Guests in order to create an atmosphere that promotes safety and cleanliness.
• Provide supervision, guidance and assistance during breakfast/lunch/dinner.
• Conduct regular room/curfew/building checks, documenting any issues and providing
insight/suggestions/recommendations to daytime staff.
• Be attentive and make note of curfew violations, program/policy violations, making
recommendations to Guests and daytime staff.
• Be proactive and constantly engaged, offering verbal de-escalation and non-violent or
disrespectful verbal redirection.
• Respond to crisis and emergency situations quickly, contacting the appropriate staff and
emergency personnel (police, ambulance, mental health crisis team, etc.) authorities as needed.
• Document any and all injuries, incidents, and crises.
• Maintain professionalism and Guest privacy, on and off the job as it relates to Family Gateway
• Communicate with Family Services team nightly regarding relevant client issues.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• Candidate should have a bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years of experience in a
shelter/residential environment; professional experience may substitute for education.
• Candidate MUST be bilingual with fluency in Spanish and English.
• Candidate should be passionate in serving others, especially vulnerable populations and those
who have experienced/are experiencing trauma.
• Candidate must be able to work under a great amount of pressure and accomplish multiple
tasks in a short amount of time.
• Candidate MUST be highly organized.
• Candidate MUST have intermediate to advanced typing and Microsoft Suite skills.
To apply, send cover letter with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.