Assistant Director of Advancement
Good Shepherd Episcopal School seeks an Assistant Director of Advancement to work in the Advancement Department. The main responsibility is to work closely with the Director of Advancement, Head of School, as well as school volunteers and staff to provide leadership for the advancement program as it builds a strong culture of philanthropy throughout the School and Community.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Helps donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with Good Shepherd Episcopal School.
- Develops and executes innovative fundraising strategies to advance the Annual Giving Program and expand and diversify the donor pool with emphasis on support for scholarship, innovation, and facilities enhancement.
- Collaborates with the Alumni team to build a strong alumni program defined by a clear identity and well defined communications strategies and engagement plans for such constituent groups as alumni, alumni affiliates, grandparents, and friends of Good Shepherd Episcopal School
- Provides administrative support to the Director of Advancement – scheduling, timetables, communication and resource support.
- Works with the Communications Department to develop content for direct mail and other fundraising communications to advance fundraising and improve the school’s overall visibility and identity with donors.
- Works with the Business Office and is responsible for entering all gift processing into the advancement information system, including pledges and payments.
- Receipting donor gifts and payments and providing any donor reporting necessary.
- Produces monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on annual giving and donor engagement.
- Maintains database of donor and prospect information in the advancement information system.
- Identifies, cultivates, recruits, and develops fundraising volunteers and leadership.
- Oversees coordination of fundraising and event logistics.
- Conducts prospect research on assigned prospects.
- Responsible for assisting and supporting the Director of Advancement in implementing strategies to enhance the school’s image in the community
- Maintains standard of professional competence, adheres to a professional code of ethical conduct and attends continuing professional education workshops and seminars.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of three years’ experience in similar position
- Knowledgeable in annual giving, major gifts, special events, corporate and foundation giving, and donor relations
- Ability to uphold confidentiality
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence, detail, organization, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic environment
- Proficiency in Google Tools
- Veracross experience preferred
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Laura Cole, Director of Advancement, email@example.com.
It is Good Shepherd Episcopal School's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (creed), age, sex, gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, disability, medical condition, ancestry, genetic information, national or ethnic origin, marital status, or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.