Located on the SMU campus in Dallas, Texas, the George W. Bush Presidential Center is a nonpartisan institution advancing the timeless values of freedom, opportunity, accountability, and compassion. The Bush Center comprises the George W. Bush Presidential Museum and the George W. Bush Institute, a solution-oriented policy organization focused on ensuring opportunity for all, strengthening democracy, and advancing free societies through policy solutions and public engagement. The Bush Center also houses the George W. Bush Presidential Library, operated by the National Archives and Records Administration, which provides access to official documents and artifacts from the George W. Bush Administration. Learn more about the Bush Center at bushcenter.org.
The Assistant to Development is primarily responsible for providing administrative and development support to the development directors to advance Foundation fundraising objectives. Assigned areas may include corporate and foundation relations, grants and/or stewardship. Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Provide general administrative support to the development directors:
- Manage and optimize calendars, as needed.
- Plan and coordinate meetings, including drafting agendas, proofreading, inviting attendees, preparing read-ahead materials, and circulating key takeaways.
- Under director supervision, prepare materials and content for grant proposals and reports.
- Assist directors with donor and prospect management activities, including facilitating prospect research requests, and ensuring that all cultivation and research, activities, and tasks are tracked in the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Regularly facilitate donor and prospect record updates in Raiser’s Edge with the Database Operations team on behalf of the directors.
- Coordinate donor and prospect communications, such as recording directors’ communications and contact reports in Raiser’s Edge, managing general mailings, and proactively assessing directors’ correspondence needs and facilitating requests as needed.
- Assist directors with event management and serve as the liaison with events team, as needed.
- Maintain invitation lists and prepare briefing materials for Bush Center leadership.
- Coordinate appropriate meeting materials for general development meetings, prospect meetings, quarterly review meetings, and board meetings.
- Provide backup to other Foundation administrative staff.
- Perform general office duties and other tasks as necessary.
The qualified applicant will possess (a/an):
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 1 year of development or administrative related experience; experience with Raiser’s Edge preferable.
- Ability to work independently, exercise sound judgement, and handle confidential information appropriately.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Commitment to the vision and mission of the George W. Bush Presidential Center.
Additionally, the ideal applicant will:
- Possess strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrate a make-it-happen spirit and collaborative team style.
- Provide a proven track record of strong attention to detail.
- Maintain a courteous and professional demeanor.
The George W. Bush Presidential Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit stationary at a desk and use computer equipment.
Position: Assistant, Development
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director, Development