Located on the SMU campus in Dallas, Texas, the George W. Bush Presidential Center is a nonpartisan institution advancing the timeless values of freedom, opportunity, accountability, and compassion. The Bush Center is comprised of the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum and the George W. Bush Institute, a solution-oriented policy organization focused on ensuring opportunity for all, strengthening democracy, and advancing free societies at home and abroad. Through policy solutions and public engagement programs, the Bush Center promotes ideas and conversations that reinforce the promise of America.
This position is primarily responsible for providing development support to the development directors to advance Foundation fundraising objectives. Assigned areas may include corporate and foundation relations, individual donor relations, and/or stewardship. Specific duties include but may not be limited to:
Director of Principal & Major Gifts and Regional Director Support
- Plan and coordinate meetings, including draft agendas, invite attendees, prepare read-ahead materials, and circulate key takeaways.
- Coordinate travel.
- Process expense reports.
- Facilitate donor and prospect record updates in Raiser’s Edge.
- Support directors with donor and prospect management activities, including maintain prospect lists, facilitate prospect research requests, and ensure that all cultivation, research, activities, and tasks are tracked in the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Proactively assess directors’ needs and facilitate tasks to completion.
General Development Activities
- Coordinate donor and prospect communications, including record directors’ thank you notes in Raiser’s Edge, manage the photo process, and execute general mailings and solicitations.
- Assist the events managers during the planning and execution of Bush Center events, including:
- Maintain invitation lists and RSVP Reports.
- Prepare briefing documents and other materials for Bush Center leadership.
- Implement follow up strategy to engage donors and prospects.
- Coordinate appropriate meeting materials for general development meetings, prospect meetings, quarterly review meetings, and board meetings.
- Potentially take on additional fundraising efforts to financially support the Bush Center and the Bush Institute.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The qualified applicant will possess (a/an):
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-3 years of development related experience; Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferable.
- Ability to work independently and handle confidential information appropriately.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Commitment to the vision and mission of the George W. Bush Presidential Center.
Additionally, the qualified candidate will:
- Possess strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrate a make-it-happen spirit and collaborative team style.
- Provide a proven track record of strong attention to detail.
- Maintain a courteous and professional demeanor.
The George W. Bush Presidential Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit stationary at a desk and use computer equipment.
Position: Assistant, Development
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director, Principal & Major Gifts
Division: Donor Relations
Apply here: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=5489&company=georgewbush