POSITION SUMMARY: The Annual Giving Specialist is responsible for implementing annual giving strategies to raise financial support for the organization’s mission. This includes direct mail, giving days, special campaigns, donor communications, event support, and working with donors and prospects ($500 and below).
Fund Development (70%)
- Lead annual giving appeals, including targeted direct mail, giving days, monthly giving society, and other specialized campaigns.
- In partnership with the development team, create annual giving strategies, project plans, and measurement reports.
- Collaborate with event coordinator to support planning and execution of the Foundation’s signature event, the Cigar Smoker including committee liaison, auction solicitation, sponsorship management, and volunteer recruitment.
- Work closely with marketing development teams to execute donor stewardship activities.
- Perform other duties as needed to ensure development team meets its annual goals.
- Work with foundation and library program staff to gather information to create impact stories and donor stewardship.
- Collaborate with the marketing and development teams on content creation for multi-channel communications.
- Maintain timely records of all interactions, mailings, solicitations and communications with donors and prospects in donor CRM database.
- Create post-event/campaign reports for foundation leadership,
- Provide board and committee support as needed.
- Must be a team player, collaborative and nimble to adapt to an evolving small shop environment.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2+ years of annual giving fundraising or sales.
- 1+ years of fundraising special events.
- Proficient in Office 365, donor database systems, and event auction platforms.
- Experience with writing donor-centered communications.
- Ability to raise funds from a variety of constituencies.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to manage multiple competing projects and work assignments from staff and volunteers.
- Knowledge of electronic fundraising tools such as text to give, QR codes, and social channels.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills. • Understanding of nonprofits and philanthropy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both virtually and in person.
- Strong writing skills with the ability to draft appeals and correspondence.
Other Requirements: Required to maintain confidentiality, including confidential donor, personnel, and organizational matters.
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org