Summary: Joining the Humane Society of North Texas (HSNT) team means the chance to advocate for
some of North Texas’ most vulnerable pets. Founded in 1905, HSNT is the oldest animal welfare
organization in DFW. The board, staff and volunteers of the Humane Society of North Texas are
motivated by our unifying belief: kindness to animals is part of what it means to be human.
HSNT is funded almost entirely by private donations, as we are not affiliated with any national organization. We are proud to be recognized as a 4-star charity by Charity Navigator, putting us in the top 1% of all charities nationwide with respect to governance, financial accountability and transparency.
Our goal is to improve the lives of North Texas pets and the people who love them. We offer our
community various innovative, affordable, and lifesaving services. HSNT provides pet adoptions, free or
low-cost spay/neuter surgeries and vaccinations, returning lost pets to their owners, and cruelty
investigations. HSNT operates five pet adoption centers across North Texas, a transition facility in Tarrant County, and a 33-acre equine and livestock ranch in Johnson County. In 2023, HSNT touched the lives of more than 17,300 pets and maintained a live-release rate of 97%.
The Annual Giving & Database Manager is responsible for managing HSNT's donor database, gift entry, and receipting/acknowledgment. The successful candidate will also project manage the organization's annual giving calendar, solicitations and communication with print vendors to see those campaigns to completion. Critical to this role is the ability to analyze data and synthesize results to assess the success of campaigns, report progress toward development goals and identify giving trends among HSNT donors. He/she will partner with colleagues as the primary contact for lists and reporting. Experience in Raiser's Edge is essential.
Qualifications: Three or more years’ experience in donor relations or related field.
- Supervise the Donor Relations Coordinator to ensure gift acknowledgment letters, prospect tracking, database, mailings, reports and donor communications are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Work with Vice President of Development to create year-round annual giving strategies to retain and grow giving of current donors, while attracting new donors in order to meet/exceed annual giving revenue goals, which may include creation and management of new giving/stewardship programs. Manage fundraising campaigns including online fundraising, direct mail, vehicle donation program and matching gifts.
- Analyze data and synthesize results to assess success of campaigns; report progress toward development goals and identify giving trends among HSNT donors. Identify areas of concern and make recommendations to revise strategies as needed.
- Develop, manage and maintain excellent relationships with supporters and prospective supporters, including acting as a point of contact with donors as they call or email with questions or concerns.
- Collaborate with the Accounting team to reconcile monthly financials.
- Attend HSNT-wide adoption (and other) events to support teams across HSNT
The activities outlined above are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties or responsibilities required by the individual. Other duties than those listed herein may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities Needed to Perform the Essential Functions of this Position:
- Deep passion for HSNT’s mission
- A kind, service-oriented person who engenders support among colleagues through knowledge, experience, creativity, vision, and dedication to the mission
- Excellent writing and communications skills, with the ability to synthesize a wide range of information into compelling narratives
- A natural curiosity coupled with experience in data analysis, observation of data trends and reporting
- Strong organizational and project management skills; adaptable to growing, fast-paced, diverse, results oriented culture
- In-depth knowledge of donor management systems including specific work experience in Raiser’s Edge; proficient work in Microsoft systems (Word, Excel, etc.) is critical
- Experience with printing and mailing procurement process is a plus!
- Experience setting ambitious goals and delivering results
- Exceptional strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field plus 3-5 years of development or sales experience in a professional capacity
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is regularly required to use hands to fingers, handle, talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch.
- The position holder might be called up to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds without assistance.
- While performing the duties of this job this position may be exposed to animal odors or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be 18 years old to meet insurance requirements and must be qualified and licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the state of Texas.
Please apply at http://www.hsnt.org/careers