The YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas is a nonprofit organization, serving almost 200,000 people annually via programs, outreach, and events throughout Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Palo Pinto, and Rockwall counties, at our 16 branch locations and 2 camps. We are currently seeking an Annual Campaign Director who, under the direction of the Chief Development Officer, will assist in the implementation of the Association’s strategic developmental goals and provide leadership to the YMCA Annual Campaign. In collaboration with others, create, execute, and evaluate direct response program, both online and mail.
In concert with the Chief Development Officer, and others, develops and executes the Annual Campaign for the YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas in collaboration with branch executives and volunteer leadership.
- Leads the development and implementation of the association Annual Campaign Case for Support in concert with the branch executives to drive philanthropic interest and member giving.
- Creates materials for Annual Giving initiatives to include, but not restricted to, case development, digital and print collateral, e-blasts, banners, posters, flyers, brochures, newsletters, website, reports, social media, and other print, online, and creative materials.
- Provides trainings for volunteers and staff on how best to execute the Annual Campaign.
- Monitors Annual Campaign progress (reports) and provides coaching and strategies to ensure Annual Campaign growth benchmarks and goals are achieved.
- Manages Peer to Peer, Online and Text to Give programming.
- Develops and executes direct response online fundraising campaigns, including renewals, monthly giving, year-end giving, and other special appeals.
- Grows and segments lists, cultivating prospects for fundraising success.
- Supports the data management of annual gifts and conducts regular analysis and reporting of annual campaign progress.
- Supports systems for timely and appropriate acknowledgments of annual campaign gifts.
- Supports prospect/donor correspondence (tax and thank you letters).
- A bachelor’s degree in business, communications, or marketing and five (5) years of previous fundraising experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A demonstrated understanding of the YMCA Annual Campaign preferred.
- Substantial experience with online marketing, direct mail, and cross-channel marketing in for-profit or nonprofit settings is highly desirable
- Superior oral/written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and strong presentation skills required.
- The ability to effectively represent the Y under a variety of circumstances, including interactions/meetings with funders, staff and volunteers, and at networking opportunities.
- Must be a proactive and creative problem-solver, able to work both independently and with a broad range of internal and external partners to develop relationships, facilitate collaboration and achieve results.
- Demonstrated understanding of fundraising best practices in annual giving campaign, direct response, special events and working with volunteers.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), and donor/constituent management databases.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational and time-management skills, with outstanding attention to detail and ability to uphold deadlines.
- Strong skills in creating powerful, compelling written and oral communications for fundraising. The ability to convey complex ideas via presentations, emails, and face-to-face communications.
- Proven ability to be an innovative, creative, productive, and self-directed team player who works in a fast-paced environment and meets deadlines.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Long & Short-Term Disability, Medical and Dependent Care Reimbursement Plan, Supplementary Insurance (Cancer/Accident/Critical Illness), Employee Assistance Plan, Free family membership, Discounts on Y programs including summer camps, enrichment classes, youth sports, childcare and more! Eligible to enroll in a 403(b) tax deferred account at beginning of employment. 12% paid by the YMCA upon meeting eligibility requirements. (PTO) Paid time off based on hours worked and years of service. Training and leadership development opportunities. Employee referral awards of $50 and up.
Salary: $70,000 - $75,000 if annualized
Please go to http://www.myyjob.org
Click on the button that says "Click Here to View All Available Positions" and the search for the position by name or use the category drop-down and select FULL TIME.