WHOM WE SEEK:
The Advancement Manager will support the advancement of Saint Michael and All Angels’ (SMAA) mission and related fundraising efforts, with initial focus centered primarily on the current capital campaign. Reporting to the Director of Advancement, the Manager’s primary responsibility is to provide the in-depth research needed to support the cultivation and solicitation of church and school prospects. Additionally, the Manager works closely with the Advancement Assistant to ensure the accuracy and integrity of all donor records and acknowledgement. Upon successful completion of campaign goal, the Manager will use development skills to advance planned giving in concert with the All Angels Foundation (AAF). The Advancement Manager is a results-driven, strategic, creative, and innovative thinker who will support the financial growth of SMAA, Saint Michael Episcopal School (SMES), and AAF.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR CAMPAIGN:
Support all capital campaign activity and organization in collaboration with the Director of Advancement, including the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospects and donor strategy, task assignment and maintenance of timelines.
- Conduct research, using software provided by Wealth Engine, iWave and/or Donor Search, and run queries to indicate affinity to support indicated capacity.
- Coordinate and manage details related to gift recognition.
- Manage and collaborate with SMAA Communications team on creation of best-in-class campaign collateral and marketing materials.
- In collaboration with the Communications Department, support the creation of targeted lists and calendared communications for print mailings, aligned with overall advancement strategies.
- Establish relationships with clergy and the leadership of all existing and potential ministries who are served by the Advancement Department. Maintain high levels of stewardship satisfaction with existing donors and grow relationships.
- Support cultivation and recognition events as needed, occasionally to include nights and weekends; reliable transportation required.
- Assist in implementing a culture of giving.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR PLANNED GIVING:
- Support the Director of Advancement and AAF Board to implement the strategic vision for Planned Gifts.
- Identify, research, and cultivate prospective planned giving prospects, in partnership with the Director of Advancement and Director of Stewardship.
- Assist with gift proposals for donors and prospects on behalf of the SMAA Clergy, the AAF Board and the Advancement
- Prepare reports and summaries for donors regarding their bequests, trusts, and annuities.
- Work with SMAA’s Communications Team to write and create marketing materials ensuring donors and prospects receive timely information; and
- Participate in continuing education to maintain knowledge in the field of Planned Giving.
WE EXPECT OUR ADVANCEMENT MANAGER WILL BE…
- Aligned with our core values: Collaborative, Loyal, Effective, Kind, And Growth-Oriented; and with our core focus: “Building Christian disciples for a transformed community”
- A dependable, energetic achiever who holds herself/himself to high standards of job performance, spiritual engagement, and ethical behavior
- An effective verbal and written communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Desire to be a flexible team player, with a positive attitude and ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- 2-5 years of development experience to include campaign experience and understanding of planned giving
- Experience with research software, examples of which include Wealth Engine, iWave, Donor Search
- Knowledge of donor cultivation cycle and donor-centric communications
- Excellent analytical skills and experience with creating reports for leadership, including research
- Strong attention to detail, especially in proofreading and formatting reporting documents
If you would like to apply, please submit a letter of interest and resume to Melisa Bray, Assistant to Operations, Saint Michael and All Angels Episcopal Church, 8011 Douglas Ave, Dallas, TX 75225, or firstname.lastname@example.org (reference “Advancement Manager” in the subject line). No phone calls, please.