The Advancement/Fundraising Manager Position is responsible for assisting in the planning, organizing, and directing of Academy 4’s fundraising including major gifts, grants, special events, and other fundraising campaigns in the Greater Dallas area. The A/F Manager works closely with the Director of Development in all development and fundraising endeavors.
- Must embrace the mission of Academy 4 to connect churches to schools and their communities to mentor 4th graders in leadership.
- Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Outstanding interpersonal and writing skills.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff and volunteers.
- Have the desire and ability to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show love and compassion for people and the community, demonstrate versatility in communication, exhibit self-confidence, possess common sense, and listen actively.
- Be professionally networked in the fundraising community with professional education and/or certification.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- 2-5 years experience in professional fundraising or related field
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Assist Director of Development in growing a major gifts program including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors.
- Assist Director of Development in all aspects of grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Assist Director of Development in an annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Coordinate fund raising special events in the Greater Dallas area.
- Oversee prospective donor research in Greater Dallas area.
- Work closely with Academy 4’s Director of Development.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about Academy 4 with the community.
- Participate in Committee meetings.
- Assist in fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Collaborate on publications to support fund raising activities.
- Assist in appreciation and retention programs.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duteies as requested.
Email resume and cover letter to Terrence Butler - email@example.com