The Advancement Assistant will work closely with the Senior Director of Congregational Advancement in administering the Advancement Program by managing calendars, communicating with members and volunteers, developing written correspondence, providing stewardship of donors, assisting with event planning and management, and database maintenance. The Advancement Assistant will exhibit strong writing skills, be detail-oriented, and possess the ability to work closely with staff and volunteers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Senior Director of Congregational Advancement in coordinating calendars, scheduling meetings, activities, and events for the Development Department.
- Write emails, letters and make phone calls on behalf of the Senior Director of Congregational Advancement.
- Obtain a current understanding of Temple’s strengths, visions, core values and goals so that these can be articulated accurately and enthusiastically to members and volunteers.
- Work with Senior Director of Advancement in executing a stewardship program that includes acknowledgement, recognition, and continued involvement of our donors.
- Assist in the coordination of cultivation and donor events.
- Assist with the posting of Development information on Temple’s website in coordination with the Communication Office.
- Assist with the maintenance of the Development database, Raiser’s Edge; updating constituent information when needed; adding notes and research information on constituents; and adding actions that assist with tracking moves with prospects.
- Become knowledgeable of all Development projects and campaigns.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Advancement.
- Bachelor’s degree a minimum
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience in non-profit fundraising or administration
- Well-organized with the ability to effectively handle multiple tasks
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Ability to set priorities and meet multiple deadlines with minimum supervision
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Knowledge of social media applications
- High enthusiasm, creativity, and sociability
About Temple Emanu-El: Temple Emanu-El is a large, vibrant Reform Jewish congregation in Dallas, Texas that strives to be a place of sacred encounter. Formed in 1872, Temple Emanu-El is the largest congregation in the Southwest and is among the largest in the United States with close to 2600 member families. At Temple Emanu-El, our tent is always open. Temple Emanu-El is a fun, collaborative, high-energy workplace that offers many employee benefits.
To apply, please email your resume to Julie Meyer, Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org