Reports to Director of Workforce Development
Manage high school equivalency adult education classes and activities. Ensure teachers are in compliance with lesson planning, teaching to the content standards, attendance records, testing and enrollment.
- Observe work of Instructors and recommend changes that could strengthen teaching skills.
- Supervise Instructors and provide coaching and technical assistance.
- Plan and conduct teacher meetings regarding classroom procedures, instructional materials and teaching aids.
- Monitor Instructors and suggest and implement improvements or take corrective action.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Work directly with Enrollment Coordinator to enroll students and ensure students are tested in a timely manner.
- Facilitate orientation sessions.
- Meet and/or exceed program outcomes as set by the agency.
- Attend program meetings, staff meetings, and serve on committees as required.
- Conduct Supervision Meetings with Instructors on a monthly basis
- Work with the Case Manager to ensure students’ needs are met.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Complete at least 15 hours of professional development per year.
- Data-enter all ESL students contact services into CRM database.
- Ensure all Instructors maintain attendance records and update at least on a weekly basis.
- Evaluate performance based on program outcomes, observations, and student evaluations.
- Organize, plan and prioritize work assignments and be flexible in adjusting daily work schedule to complete “high priority tasks”.
- Utilize volunteers, partners and other community resources.
Qualifications / Skills
Bachelor’s degree in Education, Human Services or related or at least 2 years’ experience working in adult education programs.
Experience managing or coordinating programs and services
Available some evenings virtually
Ability to make quick decisions, have good judgment skills and work with minimum supervision.
Intermediate to Advanced computer skills
Experience using virtual platforms such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams
*This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.