National Jewish Health, the leading respiratory hospital in the nation, located in Denver, Colorado, is seeking an Administrative Professional II to join our Chicago Regional Office, located in Deerfield, Illinois. Qualified candidates must be a detailed-oriented, tech-savvy, flexible and motivated individual who effectively can juggle multiple priorities through to completion. The selected candidate will support three front-line fundraisers who are primarily responsible for securing major gift dollars from individuals in the Midwest/West who are committed to making a difference in changing the lives of patients worldwide.
The Administrative Professional II position is integral to the operational success of this Regional Office. The incumbent will provide exemplary administrative skills while functioning independently, as well as be a team player. The successful candidate will a self-starter with excellent time management, organization and prioritization skills and has a positive presence both externally and internally.
Provides support as an Administrative Professional for departments with direct supervision. Serves as a liaison to various internal and external customers.
- Types correspondence, memos, reports, or other documents to include formatting documents, spelling and punctuating accurately, and proofreading.
- Assists in the development of spreadsheets, tracking tools, presentations, and speeches using the appropriate software.
- Answers, screens and routes phone calls, takes messages, schedules appointments, and manages calendars.
- Duplicates documents, processes and distributes mail, sets up and maintains filing systems. Is responsible for trouble-shooting office equipment problems.
- May makes travel arrangements including transportation and hotel reservations, as directed.
- May be responsible for setting up conferences, seminars dinners or special programs.
- Orders supplies from internal and external sources and processes reimbursements and maintains records of these.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: High School diploma required
- Work Experience: 2 years of administrative assistant or related office setting experience preferred
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: None
Salary Range: $22.00 - $27.00
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan