We are a close knit team serving our community and this position supports all staff and is a critical part of our work.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting the Foundation’s general administrative needs as well as being the first point of contact for visitors, vendors and phone inquiries. In addition, this position supports all aspects of office upkeep functions, and coordinates the needs of Foundation meetings and events. He or she works under the supervision of the President and VP of Grants and in coordination with the Grants Manager and Director of Research & Evaluation. Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently and with the team is required. Excellent interpersonal skills and professional personal conduct and appearance is important in fulfilling the position and the ability for maintaining confidentiality is essential. This position is a full time position.
- Act as the Foundation reception function.
- Answer Foundation phones and refer inquiries.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mail distribution, outgoing mail and filing.
- Assist with room reservations and in coordinating Outlook calendar(s) for team meetings
- Assist in the coordination and setup of meeting logistics and conference calls, and related IT needs.
- Order food and set up for all meetings.
- Responsible for keeping inventory of all office supplies and placing orders for replenishment as needed.
- Maintain office supply vendor order relationships and records.
- Assist in accounts payable process.
- Oversee the use and maintenance of office equipment; orient new staff on equipment usage.
- Prepare Foundation board meeting binders and PowerPoint presentations in coordination with the Grants Manager.
- Assist the Grants Manager in organizing and maintaining the grant files, both paper and electronic.
- Provide support as needed for the grants administration function.
- Coordinate staff travel arrangements and assist with related travel logistics.
- Facilitate special mailings such as Christmas Cards, special events or notices.
- Complete individual out of pocket expense reports for staff as requested.
- Complete expense reports for credit card and travel expenses.
- Update and maintain website.
- Perform all other related duties and support the needs of the overall staff team as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED/associates degree minimum
- 2+ years of administrative support experience
- High level of competence with Microsoft Word
- High level of competence with Microsoft Excel
- High level of competence with Microsoft Powerpoint
- Experience with graphic design software a plus
Please reply email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your resume and in the email text please tell us what about the position and serving at The Rees-Jones Foundation is of interest. Thanks so much!