About the Organization:
Living for Zachary was founded in honor of Zachary Schrah, who was only 16 years old when he collapsed during a high school football practice in Plano on April 2, 2009. There was no warning. There were no signs. After Zachary’s death, Living for Zachary, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, was established in June 2009 with a mission of raising awareness and preventing sudden cardiac arrest in youth.
Living for Zachary (L4Z) is seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant. This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Executive Director, Business Director, Marketing Manager and Program Manager.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Prepare documents and schedule meetings to support Executive Director, Programs and Marketing
- Perform a variety of administrative tasks, including mailings, filing and ordering supplies
- Enter, process, merge and analyze donor data in online portals and software programs including Excel
- Provide logistical support for all Living for Zachary programs to include, but not limited to: heart screening inquiries, assist with CPR classes, ordering and distributing AED donations, tracking AED inventory, event supply drop off and pick up, lead Red Out awareness, etc.
- Answer incoming calls and screen inquiries, assist with basic questions about Living for Zachary’s services
- Other ad-hoc projects as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma required. College degree preferred.
- Administrative experience with strong customer service skills required.
- At least two years knowledge and experience using the latest versions of Windows-based software including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. Experience and comfort with presentation software, virtual meeting platforms, and donor database software a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities, and a keen attention to detail.
- A strong work ethic, sense of urgency, and ability to think independently.
- Must have an exceptional internal and external customer service orientation.
In addition, candidates will need to:
- Work occasional nights and weekends as needed to support Board and community events.
- Pass background check.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to Jessica Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about Living for Zachary visit: www.livingforzachary.org