Job Description-Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Department: Lifelong Learning
Reports to: Director of Lifelong Learning
Hours: Scalable from part-time (28 hours per week) to full-time (40 hours per week)
The administrative assistant is responsible for maintaining and updating the database records for all lifelong learning participants and programs, as well as for all communications through both social media and traditional media with the participants and other interested parties. Additionally, the position is responsible for sourcing and maintaining all supplies necessary across all age groups (toddlers, tots, pre-k, religious school and family and adult learning), and for managing events for same.
The administrative assistant works in a team environment, and will exhibit an interest in education and working with families, a positive attitude, flexibility, a can-do spirit, and attention to detail.
Professional Requirements and Skills:
- Five years of administrative experience required, preferably in a non-profit environment
- Software expertise, including proficiency in MS Office, Google docs, CANVA and the ability to learn additional programs
- Ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously and to manage deadlines
- Strong written and verbal skills, effective at communicating with a variety of stakeholders including students, parents, volunteers, and staff
- Ability to prepare and manage department budget
- Manage database and all communications related to department
- Create and manage Lifelong Learning calendar
- Coordinate calendar and communications with all departments
- Prepare room set-ups and coordinate with facilities department
- Manage procurement of all supplies for department
- Provide monthly department payroll information to the accounting department
The position summary, requirements, duties and responsibilities listed above describe the general nature and level of work for this position, and should not be considered to be an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of this position.
- Salary $35,000 (part-time) - $50,000 (full time) depending on experience
- Health insurance (full-time)
- 403(b) match (50%)
- Paid vacation, sick days, and personal days
Please contact Steve Lewis email@example.com with resume and statement of interest.