The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for all accounts payable aspects for the organization, along with daily deposits, other accounting processes and projects as needed. The right candidate will have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and knowledge of accounting practices.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities, and Activities:
- Process all Agency accounts payable invoices. Ensure payables are supported by approved invoices or check requests, coded to their appropriate general ledger account(s), and input into accounting software.
- Prepare vendor checks for weekly check run; including verification of authorized signer availability, obtaining signatures according to fiscal policies and procedures, and transmittal of electronic positive pay transaction file to bank within allotted time.
- Process any necessary online payments with Agency credit card, and ensure payments are supported by approved invoices or payment requests and confirmations.
- Research unpaid vendor statements to verify timely payment and resolve discrepancies between vendor records and BBBS records.
- Provide supervisor with weekly outstanding payables list, or as requested.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts as needed.
- Process employee Pcard expenses including auditing for supervisory approval, along with receipts and/or invoice documentation. Code all charges to appropriate general ledger account(s), and data entry into accounting software.
- Serve as Administrator of Pcard system, including setting up new staff cards, ensuring system data is up to date, and troubleshooting any payment issues.
- Maintain organized files for all payables, Pcards, and bank activity.
- Process daily deposits online through the bank website. Take deposits to the necessary banks as needed.
- Process weekly credit card payments from donors, along with monthly pledge payments.
- Work on special projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Provide administrative support to Finance Department as needed.
- Participate in all staff meetings and agency functions as required.
Education, Experience, and Other Requirements
- High School degree or equivalent. Minimum two years accounting related work history, preferably with payables and receivables.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with accounting software and databases.
- Thorough knowledge of general ledger entries, accounting concepts, and practices.
- Knowledge of accounting guidelines and procedures of generally accepted accounting practices (GAAP) for non-profit entities is helpful.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills for monitoring accounting records and resolving accounting discrepancies.
- Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Teams.
To apply send your resume to email@example.com with the subject: Accounts Payable Specialist - Central Services