To build thriving communities for all
To improve the lives of all people in our community by investing in their health, wealth, living and learning. We accomplish this by growing community giving, expanding community impact, and advancing community equity.
We work to meet our mission by:
- Providing giving opportunities through charitable and legacy living, planning, and consulting for individuals, families, nonprofits, and businesses
- Grantmaking and engaging our community around priority issues
- Increasing academic achievement and educational equity for all students in Texas, especially African American, Latino, and economically disadvantaged
- Developing and sharing knowledge and expertise about community needs and resources
Enhancing the experience and impact of giving through:
1. Exemplary service;
2. Wise stewardship of resources; and as a
3. Trusted partner for community knowledge and collaboration.
Communities Foundation of Texas’ main focus is to enhance the experience and impact of giving for individuals, families, companies, foundations and nonprofits by offering charitable tools like donor-advised funds, scholarships, North Texas Giving Day and more. CFT’s vision is to build thriving communities for all through three focus areas 1) growing community giving, 2) expanding community impact, and 4) advancing community equity. CFT programs include Educate Texas, CFT for Business, Success Network, the W. W. Caruth, Jr. Fund and other key initiatives. Since 1953, CFT has granted more than $2 billion to support nonprofits in our region, across the nation and the world. Learn more at www.CFTexas.org and through this recent overview video.
The Coordinator handles gift recording, constituent record maintenance within the CRM, grants processing and other disbursements. The Coordinator is the department liaison to the North Texas Giving Day team in regards to data management in the CRM and accounting systems. The Coordinator provides customer service to internal and external customers, as related to Gift Processing, Constituent Records and Grant operations.
- Create gift batches for the daily processing of gifts consisting of but not limited to cash, credit cards, stocks, and wires, in a timely and accurate manner using CRM, CMS and other systems
- Daily processing of external partner campaign gifts
- Process matching gift payments and North Texas Giving Day matching gift grant requests
- Produce gift substantiation documentation and tribute letters
- Process grant recommendations in a timely and accurate manner, including capturing the necessary documentation and securing appropriate approvals
- Perform due diligence on nonprofit organizations, assuring their nonprofit status is in good standing and key information is current
- Perform quality review for grants processed by others
- Monitor the accuracy and integrity of grant data entered into CFT databases
- Effectively communicate with donors, non-profits and internal staff to clarify/obtain necessary information needed to accurately complete a grant request
- Assist with various office tasks, i.e., mailing checks and letters, scanning, creating special letters, and communicating (internally and externally) via email or telephone
- Collaborate with key internal partners
- Ensure the security and sensitive handling of confidential information
- Assist with North Texas Giving Day, handling all required CRM record and accounting system record management needs while maintaining data hygiene and integrity
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year required, two (2) years or more preferred, of data entry experience within relational databases
- One (1) year required, two (2) years or more preferred, of related experience supporting work in a nonprofit environment
- Experience maintaining data integrity within a CRM and/or accounting software
- Experience working with Blackbaud Enterprise suite of applications is a plus
- Experience working with accounting, financial processing and accounts receivable
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite is required
- Familiarity with IRS gift substantiation requirements, nonprofit gift recording, data entry best practices, and nonprofit accounting principles are a plus
Skills & Requirements
- Highly detail oriented with strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment as well as independently
- Ability to use discretion when handling sensitive and/or confidential information
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational, professional and interpersonal skills
- Solid quantitative, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to use critical thinking to drive solutions
- Self-directed and results-oriented
- Capable of producing accurate results of repetitive tasks
- Ability to prioritize multiple duties
- Valid state issued driver’s license
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all employees within this class.
Accommodations: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Please apply at the CFT Career Center.