Job Description: Accounting Coordinator
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Classification: Full time non-exempt
Location: Dallas, Texas
Job Description – Accounting Coordinator
The Accounting Coordinator is responsible for day-to-day accounting operations, payroll and human resource administration, and other administrative tasks. This includes working under the direction of the CFO to ensure effective support of and regular communication with staff.
Texas Trees Foundation, a 501(c)(3), makes possible a higher quality of life for citizens, visitors and businesses through research, technology, and education to strategically protect, plant and care for trees and assure that all projects show a return on investment to support growth and livability. Far more than a tree planting organization, Texas Trees collaborates with urban planners, landscape architects, developers, corporations, and municipalities to improve the overall quality of life for the citizens who call Dallas and North Texas home.
The Accounting Coordinator’s essential functions include Accounting Operations, Payroll and Human Resource Administration, and Other Administrative tasks as detailed below:
- Act as a point of contact between internal departments and accounting, and between external parties and accounting.
- Use bookkeeping software (QuickBooks Online) for entering information into company files or databases, ensuring that all financial records are complete and accurate.
- Processing purchase orders, establishing vendor accounts, weekly accounts payable entry, check preparation including back up documentation and electronic filing.
- Review and analyze incoming invoices and expenses ensuring accuracy of project coding and costs.
- Weekly deposits of cash, check, credit cards into the TTF accounting system (QuickBooks Online) and management of accounts receivable.
- Grant administration, including but not limited to preparing invoices and funding requests for grants, contracts, and program services, maintaining supplemental schedules as needed to track project income and expenses.
- Conduct Month End processes, including the reconciliation of bank accounts and reconciliation with the Donor Perfect CRM.
- Prepare budget vs. actual reports for projects and department managers on a monthly basis or on an as needed basis.
- Prepare ad hoc financial reports requested by staff and funders.
- Perform reconciliations for various GL Accounts.
- Assist in audit preparation, annual budget preparation, and other compliance activities including Form 990 and issuing 1099s.
- Implementation of and execution of financial controls.
Payroll and Human Resource Administration
- Processing semi-monthly payroll, employee benefit enrollments, and prepares/reviews all necessary compliance reporting.
- Reviews all time-card entries to ensure completeness and accuracy of entry paired with referenced projects.
- Generates official internal documents such as offer letters, employee compensation letters and disciplinary letters.
- Responsible for onboarding new hires, including benefit enrollment.
- Maintain employee files by ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Assist in maintaining vendor, corporate, legal, and contract files in electronic and paper
- Information Technology vendor liaison and maintain inventory of staff computers, accessories, and software licenses.
Core Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work across teams and ability to work in a team environment.
- Critical thinking skills with a focus on process improvement.
- Knowledge of not-for-profit accounting principles, standards, and regulations.
- Understanding of an internal controls framework and ability to exercise due diligence.
- Exceptional judgement and discretion with the highest level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of the Texas Trees Foundation.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (required) preferable in Finance/Business/Accounting
- 3+ years accounting experience, non-profit experience is a preferred.
- Strong data entry skills with meticulous attention to details and timelines.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Experience with QuickBooks Online is preferred.
This is a full-time position, which provides competitive pay commensurate with experience; 75% health insurance coverage; vacation; and a supportive and engaging work environment with opportunities for professional development.
To Apply: Send Resume and Cover Letter to Opportunities@texastrees.org