Jewish Family Service (JFS) is currently seeking an experienced Accountant to assist the accounting department due to our increase in grant administration & fund reporting requirements.
- Project Financial Management/Analysis experience.
- Compile, analyze and prepare of Funds financial data and operating metrics.
- Experience with grant compliance or contract compliance and administering grants.
- General Ledger tracking & reporting on grant expenditure activities.
- Understand and assign expenditures to proper restricted funds.
- Review and setup of awarded grants to fund codes in the General Ledger.
- Verification of payroll related expenses to funds with proper documentation.
- File for reimbursement from all reimbursable grants.
- Create procedure manuals that document best practices for implementation & monitoring.
- Coordinate with Grant Managers /Consultants to keep an updated schedule of reporting requirements.
- Monitor and review grant pipeline report.
- Provide budgets for grant submission.
- Provide financial portion of reports for grantors and JFS annual reports.
- Work with accounting staff on coding of expenditures to proper funds.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Finance required.
- Strong accounting background, including booking journal entries, performing account reconciliation, and performing account analysis.
- 1-2 Years of Fund Accounting experience but not required.
- CPA welcomed but not required.
- Strong Excel skills and excellent spreadsheet skills are required and knowledge of MIP.
Accounting Software is preferred.
- Possess a positive attitude with excellent customer relations and communications skills a plus.
JFS provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and veteran status, except in the case of those positions in which religion is, in the opinion of JFS, an essential factor. Employment opportunities include but are not limited to recruitment, employment placement, promotion, demotion, transfer, termination, compensation, use of facilities and participation in JFS sponsored events.
Please click on the link below: