The McKinney Education Foundation serves McKinney Independent School District teachers and students through three programs: Student Scholarships, College Advisors, and Teacher Grants. Currently, the Foundation looks to complete the team with a full-time accounting position. We are looking for a detail-oriented person who is able to multi-task and prioritize.
The Accountant is expected to:
- Manage general ledger and subsidiary journals, including cash deposits, cash disbursements, accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue releases, payroll accounts, endowment administration and reporting.
- Perform accounts receivable functions including invoicing, deposits, and collections
- Perform accounts payable functions including check disbursements for bills, scholarship payments, grant payouts
- Reconcile bank accounts including investment accounts
- Perform monthly endowment allocations
- Reconcile all credit card purchases to monthly statements
- Manage and reconcile revenue and expenses following fundraising events
- Assist in the annual budgeting process
- Ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Assist with preparation of audits and work with auditors annually
- Work with accounting team to create monthly financial reports for Executive Director and Board
- Responsible for full biweekly payroll, processing staff IRA payments, workers compensation, new hire reporting, processing of federal and state tax deposits, prepare annual W2s
- Maintain records according to Record Retention Policy
Skills and Requirements:
- Proficient with QuickBooks Online, Microsoft Office Suite, Excel is a must
- Previous experience with a nonprofit is strongly preferred
- Must complete and pass McKinney ISD background check
Salary: $50,000, negotiable with experience
Benefits: Simple IRA, School District Holidays Off, Paid Time Off (PTO), Medical
- Evening and weekend work is sometimes required
- The ability to coordinate a variety of tasks simultaneously and handle tension and stress in a positive manner
To Apply: Please send resume and interest letter to the Executive Director, Ashley Sine, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send letter of interest and resume to the Executive Director, Ashley Sine, email@example.com.