Reports to Chief Programs Officer
Cumberland Youth & Family Services works to keep kids safe and families together. We are growing and expanding our programs. It is an exciting time to consider joining the Cumberland team!
Our programs include:
- Three residential care programs providing housing, counseling and supportive services to teens in foster care, young adults aging out of foster care and single-parent families
- A child placing agency to recruit, train, license, monitor and support family-based foster homes in our community
- A counseling program that provides trauma-informed counseling and mental health services to our residents, foster families and the uninsured or underinsured community members
The Clinical Director is responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance and evaluation of the clinical aspects of the Children’s Residential, Family Residential and Supervised Independent Living Programs, Child Placing Agency and community counseling. The position supervises staff therapists and other clinical staff, contractors or interns as assigned.
The Clinical Director collaborates with various program directors, case managers and therapists to ensure that the clinical goals of the departments are achieved including implementation of Trauma Informed Care, Trust Based Relationship Intervention, TF-CBT and any agency adopted modalities or interventions.
The Clinical Director ensures that Cumberland residents, foster families and community clients are receiving quality therapeutic services through programmatic components and direct services by the therapist staff.
The Clinical Director ensures that program staff are supported in learning skills in trauma informed care and interventions.
The Clinical Director will meet the applicable licensing and contract requirements and job duties for the Treatment Director as defined in the HHSC Minimum Standards for a General Residential Operations and a Child Placing Agency for the treatment services program.
- Independent clinical license (LPC-S, LPC, LCSW)
- LPC-S or LCSW-S preferred and required within six months of employment
- 3-years of experience providing treatment services for children with an emotional disorder
- Experience with youth in foster care preferred
- Experience in a residential setting preferred
- Supervision of agency therapists, and other clinical staff and interns as assigned
- Knowledge of and ability to teach and coach principles of trauma informed care
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with youth, families, CPS, child welfare agencies, outside professionals and agencies and Cumberland staff in a team-based environment
- Demonstrate good clinical judgement
- Demonstrate solution focused problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate an ability to continue learning through supervision, continuing education and experience
- An ability to handle a high level of emotional stress related to client issues
- Attend and participate in program staff meetings and provide clinical case consultation
- Ensure that the therapeutic needs of residents are met and therapy occurs as outlined in resident Plan of Service
- Provide oversight and continued development of the therapeutic services provided in the treatment services program
- Assist programs with increasing client placement stability
- Provide leadership in the selection, development, training and implementation of trauma informed programs, clinical structures and evidence-based practices throughout the agency
- Review placement referrals for the treatment services program and provide clinical judgement regarding residents accepted into the program
- Provide leadership in the development of community-based counseling and therapeutic services provided in the Family Residential Program and Supervised Independent Living Program
- Implement program structures that promote and support family reunification or other appropriate permanency for youth in the Children’s Residential Program and Child Placing Agency
Administrative & Supervisory Duties
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to complete reports and documents in a timely manner
- Provide clinical supervision to staff therapists
- Assign and oversee supervision of counseling interns
- Coordinate and oversee contract therapists
- Ensure accurate and timely therapy notes, CANS assessments, intake assessments, safety plans and behavior plan by therapists
- Ensure timely and accurate billing information for therapy sessions
- Facilitate training as needed for new employee and annual training
- Assist with development of therapeutic program outcome goals that align with program and agency goals
- Responsible for tracking and reporting on therapeutic outcomes
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures
- Develop relationships and connections in the community for therapeutic services we cannot provide internally
- Oversee the credentialing of therapists
- Provide input on and meet agreed upon agency budget goals for billable therapy sessions and caseload
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Position includes exposure to parents, foster parents, guardians, and conservators as well as to youth with behavioral problems, including possible verbal or physical
- The employee is regularly required to speak or hear, may bend, stoop, reach and grasp as necessary.
- May lift and carry up to 10 pounds frequently, up to 25 pounds occasionally, up to 40 pounds infrequently.
- Performs tasks that may involve standing or walking 25% of the day; sitting 75% of the
- Physically perform moderate physical activity including:
- Stepping backward
- Grasping Bending at the waist and knees
- Twisting at the waist
- Have the ability to shifting direction quickly-180 degrees
- Must be able to do a reverse lunge
- Lower 30-50 pounds to the ground
- Get up and down from the floor
- Medical, Dental and vision insurance
- 401 (k) with employer match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties.
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org