DOD FOUNDATION GIVING
Why UT Southwestern
UT Southwestern is an academic medical center, world renowned for its research, medical school, and clinical and scientific training programs. We are nationally recognized for our quality of clinical care provided to patients at UT Southwestern University Hospitals & Clinics and affiliated institutions. US News and World Report ranks eight of our clinical programs in the top 25, and in the 2021 Nature journal, UT Southwestern is ranked #1 among global health care institutions for published research.
The faculty has included six Nobel Laureates, four of whom are active faculty members; 25 members of the prestigious National Academy of Sciences (NAS); and 16 members of the National Academy of Medicine (formerly the Institute of Medicine), a component of the NAS.
About the UTSW Office of Development and Alumni Relations
We invite you to join the Development and Alumni Relations (DAR) team at UT Southwestern where you can bring your best ideas to life. We are driven by UT Southwestern’s mission to promote health and a healthy society that enables individuals to achieve their full potential.
You can advance your career in DAR’s fast-paced, collaborative environment. We seek culture builders, team players who take their work seriously while having fun. Here we are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion principles and practices, and we promote a healthy work-life balance and stimulating culture where our team members can flourish.
Our expanding team of advancement professionals:
- Work collaboratively with notable and accomplished faculty, leaders, and staff from across the U.S. and around the world
- Raise more than $200 million annually from leading philanthropists, foundations, and corporations in DFW and beyond
- Are guided by a recently refreshed DAR Strategic Plan
- Enjoy a flexible hybrid in-office, work-from-home schedule
- Thrive as lifelong learners through exciting opportunities for training and growth
This position will focus on securing gifts from the foundation sector. The successful hire will be eager to join a high-performing team of foundation giving professionals with a broad portfolio of donors from local family foundations to national research organizations. Reporting to the Director III, Foundation Giving, the chosen candidate will work enterprise wide to help expand the reach and depth of the foundation giving program. Building on our current successful program, we seek to expand our funding from non-governmental/institutional foundations by identifying and matching our institutional needs with the guidelines of new and existing foundation donors.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors capable of making major gifts.
2. Manage and develop a portfolio of prospective donors and implement solicitation and engagement strategies in support of institutional priorities of UT Southwestern Medical Center.
3. Serve as liaison to specific clinical lines as part of UT Southwestern’s Grateful Patient Program.
4. Build and nurture effective working relationships with administrative leadership, physicians, researchers, and volunteer leadership.
5. Work closely with Stewardship team to identify and implement appropriate stewardship strategies.
6. Work collaboratively as a member of the development team.
7. Identify, recruit, and train volunteer leaders who can extend the reach of staff through involvement in the cultivation and solicitation of prospective donors.
8. Write letters, proposals, and case materials.
9. Utilize constituent relationship management system (The Raiser’s Edge) to strategically plan and track activities.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of five (5) or more years of fundraising experience, providing a thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of development. Experience working in an academic medical center, health care, or higher education preferred.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.