The Center for the Study of New Testament Manuscripts (CSNTM), under the umbrella of The Center for the Research of Early Christian Documents (CRECD), exists for the following purposes:
- To make digital photographs of extant Greek New Testament manuscripts so that such images can be preserved, duplicated without deterioration, and accessed by scholars doing textual research.
- To utilize developing technologies (OCR, MSI, etc.) to read these manuscripts and create exhaustive collations.
- To analyze individual scribal habits in order to better predict scribal tendencies in any given textual problem.
- To publish on various facets of New Testament textual criticism.
- To develop electronic tools for the examination and analysis of New Testament manuscripts.
- To cooperate with other institutes in the great and noble task of determining the wording of the autographa of the New Testament.