Alley’s House Mission:
Transforming the lives of teen moms.
Alley’s House is a powerful support system for teen moms to focus on their personal and professional goals as they work toward independence. We provide a nurturing, stable environment to help young mothers overcome obstacles and become thriving women.
Alley’s House exists to fully transform the lives of teen moms and their children. We offer a holistic life changing program fostering emotional wellness and teaching practical life skills. We provide five pathways to ready our moms for a life of independence and meaning: Counseling, Education, Parenting, Financial Literacy and Job Readiness.
Our goals for our moms are to:
- Break the cycle of dependency on unsupportive systems
- Foster financial independence
- Ensure career readiness
- Teach meaningful and quality parenting
- Counsel toward mental and emotional health and wellness
- See each girl empowered to walk into freedom and independence as they move into the world
Why It Matters:
Teaching teen mothers independence empowers them and their children toward success. Comprehensive programs providing support services are shown to:
- Reduce dependency on government services
- Reduce likelihood of repeat teen births
- Decrease health risks
- Create higher self-worth and personal motivation
- Break the cycle of poverty and teen pregnancy