The coordinator helps organize, lead, and manage volunteers both at The Stewpot and at meal services that take place at The Bridge Homeless Recovery Center.
Volunteer and Meal Services Coordinator
- Assist with the ongoing assessment of the volunteer program including identifying agency, volunteer, and donation needs and developing new volunteer opportunities to meet those needs.
- Manage and supervise volunteer group activities at The Stewpot.
- Maintain positive relations with all staff including volunteers and partner agencies.
- Assist with the development and distribution of emails, letters, and other volunteer communication pieces.
- Recognition and management of in-kind donations.
- Assist in volunteer appreciation events.
- Lead tours of The Stewpot.
- Manage any onsite Meal Services during meal time and preparation at The Bridge Homeless Recovery Center.
- Maintain safety and sanitization levels that exemplify the policy and procedure standards required for Meal Services.
- Act as onsite Registered Food Safety Manager during scheduled meal shifts.
- Assist with Food Recovery efforts.
- Attend meetings as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Volunteer and Meal Services Coordinator must have the following skills and experience:
- Organized individual with strong administrative and communications skills; able to supervise and empower volunteers to be effective in their roles.
- Computer proficient in Word, Excel, preferably an understanding of volunteer management databases and the ability to learn new systems.
- Experience working with volunteers for a not-for-profit organization, e.g church. Experience working with individuals who are recently or chronically experiencing homelessness or at-risk is a plus.
- The ability to work with different types of personalities in a collaborative manner.
- Candidate must be responsible, dependable, and required to pass all background checks.
- The candidate must be able to work well on a team.
- Commitment to The Stewpot’s goals and mission.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
37.5 Hours per week, holidays and weekends required.
This position will report directly to the Manager of Volunteer Services.
To apply for this job online visit: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=26866bb5-ea96-4499-8c80-8f6fb45dda78&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=894437&lang=en_US