The Vice President, Corporate Relations (“VP”) will lead the corporate relations team to increase philanthropic support from United Way’s current and prospective corporate partners and their respective employees. The VP will report to the Chief Development Officer and serve as a member of the Resource Development Leadership team.
The VP will provide strategic leadership of United Way of Metropolitan Dallas (“UWMD”) efforts to expand its relationships with existing corporate partners and drive higher fundraising revenues while actively recruiting new corporate partners. He/she will also lead other special initiatives aimed at creating exponential growth. The VP will serve as the team leader for UWMD cornerstone accounts and will maintain strong relationships with C-level executives for those companies and other Focus 50 companies.
United Way of Metropolitan Dallas is fully committed in all aspects of our work to becoming a fully inclusive, multicultural, antiracist organization. Those who share in this commitment and who are willing to actively engage antiracist ideas, behaviors, and actions are invited to apply for open positions.
To perform the job successfully, competitive applicants should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Mission-Focused: Create real social change that leads to improving lives in our community.
- Relationship-Oriented: Able to communicate effectively to develop, grow and sustain productive relationships.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad impact.
- Stewards: Our actions, behaviors, and decisions on behalf of our donors must be transparent, meet the highest ethical standards, and align with organizational goals.
Strategic Leadership: The VP will work with the Chief Development Officer and other members of the UWMD Senior Leadership Team to launch both proven and new and innovative growth strategies that lead to increased funding from corporations and their employees. Multiple fundraising channels will be utilized to achieve results -- employee giving campaigns, major/planned gifts, mid-level gifts, corporate gifts, program sponsorships, event sponsorships, target initiative investments and other approaches. The VP will ensure that UWMD continues to be recognized as a fundraising pioneer within the United Way network. This innovation will lead to strong year-over-year growth that helps maximize UWMD’s community impact.
Analytical Analysis: The VP will work closely with the Chief Development Officer to implement consistent and accurate strategic analysis of the fundraising totals regularly from the Corporate Relations Team. This analysis will include workplace giving, corporate target initiatives, volunteer engagement and other philanthropic areas. The VP will also lead annual goals, manage fundraising targets, and monitor ongoing projections for the corporate team.
Senior-Level Management. The VP will build and empower an experienced Corporate Relations team of Senior Directors, Directors and Managers. This team will proactively manage the relationships with UWMD’s top 60 corporate partners. He/she will serve as the lead contact with United Way’s largest cornerstone accounts. He/She will build strategy and execution plans to maximize their fundraising potential. These companies collectively provide annual support to UWMD of nearly $20 million. He/she will also ensure cross-functional collaboration with all other UWMD departments to efficiently and effectively create positive financial results.
Major and Planned Gift Development: The VP will work deliberately to incorporate individual major/planned giving strategies and activities into the UWMD’s corporate relations approach in coordination with UWMD Major Gifts team. He/she will be personally responsible for pursuing major gifts ($25,000+) and Unite Forever campaign gift opportunities from assigned corporate executives and senior managers. The VP will actively manage a portfolio of prospective major and Unite Forever donors from this audience. He/she will develop and implement comprehensive strategies to secure the major and planned gifts necessary to accelerate revenue growth.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- A bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of ten years of experience managing high-performance teams in a multi-disciplinary organization.
- Extensive experience creating and implementing strategic, multi-year, multi-channel fundraising plans.
- Experience as a senior-level major/planned gift fundraiser with demonstrated results securing six and seven-figure gifts.
- Competency establishing and maintaining relationships with senior executives of assigned corporate partners.
- Ability to clearly and persuasively communicate with UWMD senior leadership team.
- A strong understanding of how collaboration with Marketing, Community Impact and Finance can enhance fundraising results and ability to carry out such cross-functional teamwork.
- Strong management and strategic planning experience with a track record of success and demonstrated ability to work both independently and with diverse, cross-functional teams.
- Advanced financial analytical and problem-solving skills, including issue identification and prioritization and ability to make decisions expeditiously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to infuse creativity, innovation and insight into all aspects of work.
- Superior organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Salesforce.
- The ability to thrive in an environment that is characterized by significant growth, diversity and constant change
- Ability to integrate marketing, operations and financial knowledge and background to achieve organizational goals
- An entrepreneurial spirit and creative approach to strategy development
- A commitment to community service and the non-profit sector
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends, as required by event timing
- Ability to lift to 20 lbs.
Access to reliable transportation
Apply online: www.unitedwaydallas.org