The primary responsibility of the Communications Specialist is to increase awareness about the organization’s expertise in pediatric orthopedics, positioning Scottish Rite for Children as a world leader in patient care, research and education. As a Communications Specialist, you will be responsible for photography and graphic design, as well as assisting on video initiatives for the organization. You must be able to work on your own but also work well with other Communications department staff to provide communications and related support to raise awareness about Scottish Rite's mission.
- Provide quality photographic work of patients, general hospital, and special event photography.
- Designs and illustrates elements for hospital and related websites and printed collateral with careful attention to elements of target audience, basic design elements and site goals.
- Works closely with web and social media team members to support social media postings and web-based marketing initiatives.
- Completes work on schedule and has scheduled previews with the client to maintain publication and presentation deadlines.
- Consistently works to evaluate and develop new and efficient ways of capturing great photos, production, file coordination, organization for design, printing, digital creation and archiving.
- Responsible for producing collateral projects including posters, slideshows and related materials. Collaborates with client to determine end use and ensures final product incorporates communicated specifics.
- Provides quality photographic work of patients, general hospital and special event photography.
- Demonstrates a willing attitude to take on new tasks, which may be unfamiliar. Typically does a very good job of meeting or exceeding task expectations. Provides excellent customer service to all stakeholders.
- Maintains an orderly work area and keeps files and other materials secured and protected.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, design, marketing or a related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in photography, communications, and design.
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite and Mac operating systems preferred.
- Should possess excellent written and verbal communication and organization skills.
- Must be able to interact effectively with all levels of medical and administrative staff.
- Must work well under deadline pressure and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Please formally apply through our careers site: Careers (myworkdayjobs.com)
All candidates must submit a link to their portfolio with their application.