The Parish Summer and Extend Analyst is a full time, 12-month position with responsibility to provide structure, analysis and administrative support to the Extend and Summer Director and the Parish Plus Associate Director in their work planning, carrying out and assessing Extend and Summer programs. This is a highly varied and fast paced program which requires both detailed and analytical assessment to ensure successful implementation of camps and classes to return maximum profits to the school as well as deliver a quality experience to participants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Create a master spreadsheet containing all pertinent details for tracking, marketing, management, and assessment for each “season” of programming. Ensure the document is up to date for course offerings (including additions and cancellations).
- Develop and maintain a set of best practices and guidelines for use in planning each season.
- Assist in the development and launch of a selection of programs for both after school and summer camps.
- Analyze planned camps and classes for balance, breadth and profitability.
- Assess enrollment and determine which classes and programs must be cancelled, after consultation with the Extend and Parish Summer Director and Parish Plus Associate Director. Kick off cancellation process via cancellation task list.
- In conjunction with team, continually assess opportunities and launch off cycle programs. Once a program is finalized, kick off class addition task list process.
- In partnership with HR team and Parish Summer and Extend Coordinator, onboard and welcome all vendors and instructors in Extend and Parish Summer, including letters of agreement, compliance, onboarding for HR documents and compensation details, providing class roster information, instructions, and training.
- Price and build enrollment for complex sessions such as teams and private lessons.
- Manage the private music lessons, including instructor schedules, registration and payroll.
- Ensure timely payment of all vendors, instructors and staff, whether through accounts payable or payroll system, and keep accurate records for support. Maintain records of complex profit sharing arrangements and ensure proper payment is made to instructors. Ensure days off, cancellations and other situation which impact payroll are properly accounted for.
- Follow up on payments due from customers.
- Use final revenue and expense data along with customer and staff surveys and interviews to prepare assessment of each season, including profitability assessment, program quality and overall success. Utilize this assessment to update the best practice guidelines when planning the following season. Maintain historical database in all formats needed to use for future comparisons and assessments.
- Work in camps or classrooms as staff/counselor/lead when necessary.
- Assist team in planning of after school or All Day curriculum, summer day camp schedules and activities when necessary.
- Manage purchasing for snacks, day camp and after school supplies and activities.
MARGINAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Marginal duties of this position include the following. Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
- Attends Staff Development Meetings as needed
- Attends Parish Extend, Summer and Plus Team Meetings
- Attends School Functions as needed
- Attends Chapel
All school employees have some responsibility for supervising students and assisting in maintaining a safe environment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of three to five years of experience in similar role preferred.
- Computer proficiency, including MS Word, MS Excel, and collaboration software.
- Ability to use basic office equipment
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Discretion and mature judgment in handling sensitive and confidential information
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills to effectively and professionally communicate with the outside vendors, the entire school community, including a wide variety of school constituents
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve programs in a timely manner
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently
- Must be able to switch between unrelated tasks seamlessly and quickly in order to keep up with daily required tasks
- Contribute positively to employee moral; maintain a positive, pleasant demeanor to all constituencies
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility in a dynamic environment
- Well organized and able to manage details efficiently
- High energy level paired with an accompanying sense of urgency
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to deal effectively with a wide range of constituents
- An accessible and approachable people person with a good sense of humor
- Self-confident and secure in one’s achievements without seeking or requiring recognition
- Responds well to criticism and deals successfully with challenging people and circumstances
- Ability to work both independently and with supervision
- Comfortable with driving in the Dallas area to run errands on behalf of the school
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org