The Office Administrator works closely with staff to support the Foundation’s operations and is responsible for first and consistent impressions of North Texas Community Foundation. S/He strives to represent the Foundation with a high level of integrity through a gracious, caring demeanor and professional appearance. This position reports primarily to the Chief Financial Officer and secondarily to the Associate Director of Executive Services.
Office administration duties include functioning as primary scheduler for the President & CEO; providing friendly, and knowledgeable assistance for all incoming calls and greeting visitors to the office; providing technology assistance and issue resolution; coordinating catering for onsite meetings/staff events; and setting up workspace and technology for new hires. This full-time position requires flexibility and ease in taking on new tasks as the office evolves and grows. This position works onsite at the NTCF office in downtown Fort Worth, Mondays-Fridays, 8:30 AM-5:00 PM.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
SCHEDULING FOR CEO (25%)
- Manage an extremely active calendar of appointments, requiring interaction with both internal staff and external executives and assistants, in close coordination with Associate Director of Executive Services
- Maintain organization calendars
- Professionally answer all incoming calls and assist/forward as appropriate
- Warmly and professionally greet visitors
- Pick up and process Foundation mail and coordinate Foundation shipments
- Provide technology assistance and issue resolution, to include phone system, computers and office machines
- Set up workspace and technology for new hires
- Act as liaison with the Foundation’s IT vendors
- Log incoming checks and reconcile Deposit Log totals with Accounting Associate
- Reconcile monthly office credit card statements and parking invoices
- Coordinate Foundation mailings
- Coordinate catering for onsite meetings and staff events
- Draft and update NTCF procedures for which position has oversight
- General administrative support as needed
- Coordinating special projects as assigned
- Regularly order supplies for office/workroom, kitchen and conference room
- Office machine maintenance and training
- Provide routine maintenance of the office, kitchen and facility
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Friendly voice and demeanor with a positive attitude for interfacing with visitors, Fundholders, Board Members and staff
- Professional appearance
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Accomplished high-level interpersonal skills
- Detailed, conscientious and thorough workmanship
- Self-starter who takes initiative in completing tasks, solving problems, etc.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks to efficiently manage competing responsibilities within required timeframes.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to confidential matters
- Proven organizational and management skills
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, email & internet browsers
- Ability to learn new software quickly
- Ability to work with others to accomplish the mission of the Foundation
- High-level personal and professional integrity and ethics
- A college degree or relevant work experience is preferred
- Administrative experience is preferred
For North Texas Community Foundation background information, please visit our website: NorthTexasCF.org
A cover letter and resume should be directed to Christopher White, Chief Financial Officer, at Connect@NorthTexasCF.org. To ensure delivery, place "NTCF Office Administrator" in your email Subject line.