Broadway Dallas’ (formerly Dallas Summer Musicals) rapidly growing fundraising efforts would not be complete without the leadership and work performed by a Major Gift Officer for Individual Giving. This dynamic, energetic, social, and highly organized individual oversees the cultivation of current and prospective individual donors of $2,500 to more than $25,000. This person will be joining and joyfully collaborating with a team of six other fundraising professionals with other areas of fundraising expertise in events, corporate/foundation, and individual giving, who have increased gross contributed revenues to the nonprofit organization by more than $1 million in three years. Familiarity with Fair Park and its surrounding neighborhoods and of the individual philanthropic society of Dallas is strongly preferred.
- At least three years of demonstrated success in cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding individual donors within a not-for-profit organization or higher education institution.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Proven ability to effectively work independently, as well as within a close-knit team.
- Driven by a passion to meet people and connect them with the work of their organization.
- Demonstrated ability to convincingly and concisely communicate the important role of the organization they represent in the community—and specifically the mission and values of Broadway Dallas—to the public and donors.
- Demonstrated impeccable verbal and written communication skills in person, on the phone, and through email and text correspondence.
- Professional presentation with an outgoing, warm, and kind demeanor.
- Demonstrated organizational and strategic thinking skills.
- Demonstrated reliability, punctuality, and ability to prioritize complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to maintain confidential information and act on time-sensitive material.
- Availability to regularly work evenings and weekends.
- Proven fundraising success, as noted above, in a performing arts organization.
- Demonstrated ease interacting in-person with high-net-worth individuals.
- Experience working in CRMs, fundraising technology such as Raiser’s Edge, and Microsoft Office.
- Experience working with ticketing systems such as Archtics.
To apply, please visit: https://app.trinethire.com/companies/35206-dallas-summer-musicals/jobs.