Working with Metrocrest
Metrocrest Services is a team of volunteers, nonprofit partners, donors, and employees whose Mission is “Providing hope through programs that lead to self-sufficiency and foster independence.” Our Core Values are based on principles that guide our actions, behaviors, and decisions. Our Core Values are:
Start with a “YES” Attitude: Working together to find solutions
Celebrate Differences: Show others dignity, respect, and inclusion while honoring everyone’s experiences and unique contributions
Be Kind: Make a choice to be kind to ALL through empathy and understanding
Choose Joy:Joy is an attitude. Pursue it every day
Embrace Change: A willingness to be open-minded and collaborate while accepting that change is an integral part of making our organization stronger
We are looking for team members whose values align with ours, and who are compassionate, professional, and committed to serving their neighbors in need.
You’ll Love Working Here Because We…
- Have a warm, caring work environment and culture
- Communicate and collaborate as a team
- Are passionate about our team members and those we serve
- Have a leadership team that wants to do the right thing and is open to new ideas
We are seeking a skilled and dedicated Grant Writer to join our organization's fundraising team. The Grant Writer will play a crucial role in securing funding and grants to support our mission and programs. This position involves researching funding opportunities, developing grant proposals, and maintaining relationships with potential donors and funding agencies. The ideal candidate must have excellent writing skills, strong attention to detail, and a deep understanding of grant writing principles and best practices.
The Grant Writer works Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Hybrid onsite/remote.
This opportunity is exempt with a beginning salary of $60,000 annually
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, English, Nonprofit Management, or a related field.
- 3 years of proven experience in grant writing, preferably in a nonprofit or a similar organization.
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of the work and continuously seek ways to stay informed about updates, changes, and shifts in the work.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong research and analytical skills, with the ability to gather and interpret data effectively.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and other relevant software.
- Salesforce Experience, a plus.
- Familiarity with various funding sources, grant databases, and online application platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, multitask, and manage time efficiently.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in preparing grant proposals and reports.
- Knowledge of nonprofit fundraising practices and trends.
- Knowledge of the North Texas philanthropic community, a plus.
- Ability to create and edit Adobe Acrobat files.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
- Passion for the organization's mission and a commitment to making a positive impact in the community.
Major Responsibilities and Duties
Research and Identify Funding Opportunities
- Conduct thorough research to identify potential grant opportunities that align with the organization's goals and mission.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest funding trends and government/private foundation grant offerings.
Grant Proposal Development
- Collaborate with program managers and key stakeholders to gather information about the projects/programs requiring funding.
- Prepare well-structured and compelling grant proposals, ensuring they meet all requirements and guidelines of the funding sources.
- Tailor proposals to match the interests and priorities of different funding organizations.
Grant Application Submission
- Manage the entire grant application process, ensuring all required documents and attachments are submitted within deadlines.
- Complete and submit online grant applications through various platforms as required.
- Work closely with project managers and finance personnel to monitor grant expenditures and ensure compliance with funding guidelines.
- Prepare regular progress reports for funders and donors, detailing project achievements and outcomes.
Donor and Funding Agency Relationship Management
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with potential donors and funding agencies to promote ongoing support.
- Cultivate partnerships with external stakeholders and represent the organization at funding-related events.
Grant Compliance and Record Keeping
- Ensure compliance with all grant-related regulations and requirements.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of grant applications, awards, and reporting documents.
- Collaborate with other members of the fundraising team to develop integrated fundraising strategies and initiatives.
- Support other fundraising activities and events as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Metrocrest Services provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with the ADA, Metrocrest Services is willing to consider any reasonable accommodation.
Please apply for this position through Indeed: Grant Writer