Job Title: Grant Manager
Reporting Structure: Reports to CEO
Classification: Full Time, Salaried, Exempt
Job Summary: The Grant Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of government and foundation grants, ensuring compliance with grant requirements and budgets. This role involves the coordination of grant writing, monitoring grant deliverables, managing grant budgets, and maintaining all necessary grant documents. The Grant Manager will work closely with various departments to support the successful acquisition and management of grants.
- Ensure compliance with grant requirements, including certifications and assurances (e.g., OAG), Grantee Standard Conditions and Responsibilities (CJD), and relevant regulations and laws.
- Monitor staff grant allocations to ensure they align with grant requirements and budgets.
- Coordinate the alignment of Employee Handbook, Program SOPs, staff training, and onboarding with grant obligations.
- Write government grants and applications to secure funding.
- Oversee and ensure timely submission of required reports to grantors.
- Manage and oversee grant audits as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date grant budgets and financial records.
- Organize and maintain all necessary grant documents.
- Collaborate with a third-party fundraising team to identify and write foundation grant proposals.
- Work with the CEO to identify and maintain relevant relationships required to steward foundation partnerships.
- Partner with the CEO to understand grant responsibilities post-award.
- Take responsibility for tracking grant deliverables and ensuring the timely utilization of grant funds.
- Manage grant reporting requirements and submissions.
- Acknowledge grants received and work with the CEO to publicly acknowledge grants, express thanks, and maintain positive relationships with grantors.
- Enter grant information into Salesforce or other relevant grant management systems.
- Collaborate with the Director of Finance to comprehend financial needs when writing grants and to ensure grant guidelines are implemented in grant budgets, ledgers, and staff salary allocations.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., business administration, nonprofit management).
- At least 3 years of experience in grant management, grant writing, or a related field.
- Strong understanding of government and foundation grant compliance requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in grant management software and database systems (e.g., Salesforce).
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams and departments.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in record-keeping.
- Knowledge of financial planning and budget management.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
DARCC is dedicated to the goal of building a cultural and gender diverse workplace committed to working within a multicultural community and strongly encourages applications from minority populations.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.