The Friends and Major Gifts manager is a member of the Development team. The primary focus of this role is working with upper-level members who are designated as Friends or Caroline Rose Hunt Society members. The Friends and Major Gifts Manager will engage in and be responsible for all aspects of the donor development cycle including donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgment, and stewardship. This income-generating position reports directly to the Vice President of Development and Sales.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage a portfolio of upper level members of the Dallas Arboretum
- Meet or exceed monthly revenue goals as set by the Vice President of Development and Sales
- Conduct donor face to face to visits
- Organize and promote the cultivation of donors/prospects to the Friends and CRHS donor levels; build donor relationships and provide service and information to donors
- Manage additional donor/prospect relationships and work additional leads as assigned by the Vice President of Development and Sales
- Generate leads by researching individual prospects and through referrals
- Manage all aspects of Friends/CRHS Committee of board and ad hoc members
- Track all donor/prospect contact and information in Raiser’s Edge
- Work both independently and with teams across the organization
- Plan, implement and assist with special donor events as deemed necessary
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS OR COMPETENCIES:
- Three years prior fundraising, successful marketing or non-profit donor relation experience.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other computer skills required
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Proficiency in donor database system; Raisers Edge preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends/evenings as needed.
- Driver’s license to drive garden vehicles
The physical demands or requirements described here are representative of what is expected by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to:
- Stand or Walk in outside non-air conditioned or heated spaces and inside indoor spaces
- Sit or stand at a desk for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time for office functions and to physically facilitate events on property and offsite as needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of those in this position
To apply please go to the Dallas Arboretum website www.dallasarboretum.org or click on the link below.