Position Function: Responsibilities include management and oversight of the ACH philanthropic grants program, matching agency needs with opportunities for foundation funding, reporting to the Director of Development. This position will be responsible for strategizing, developing, and implementing the organization’s plan for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding philanthropic foundations. The position includes writing the annual case for support and supporting initiatives through letters of inquiry, grant research, preparation, submission, and post award stewardship. This position requires a high level of relationship management and sensitivity to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in a business, communication, or liberal arts field.
Experience: Must have five or more years of demonstrated grant experience in securing annual and capital awards and a proven track record in writing and managing the grants process as well as securing new local, state, and national funders. Must have experience of working across departments to insure financial and program outcome deliverables are met in a timely manner as outlined in the grant agreement. Demonstrated organizational collaboration and attention to detail is required. Candidate must understand moves management system and use of constituent software and prospect research methods. Must understand the important role that relationships play in foundation fundraising. Bloomerang experience a plus. Proven track record of securing six figure gifts a plus.
Functional: Must have a results-driven attitude towards grants fundraising with the ability to see how foundations fit into the larger fund development plan. Must have knowledge and understanding of donor cultivation cycle including identification, research and qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship practices. Must be able to write effectively without errors of spelling or grammar, be extremely well organized, adhere to deadlines and schedules, be detail-oriented, work well with all levels of internal staff and external donors and be capable of working independently. Must demonstrate command of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and Zoom. Must be able to identify high pay-off projects and programs and prioritize them to attain grant fundraising goals.
Working Conditions: Heavy computer usage, administrative and clerical functions in a “team” office environment, attendance, as needed, at public functions, and some evening and weekend work required. Lifting files and office supplies required, up to 25 pounds.
Exposure to Confidential Information: Maintain confidentiality and follow policies related to volunteer, personnel, and client records. Uphold the Donor Bill of Rights.
- Must develop an in-depth understanding of all ACH programs and services and accurately and professionally represent ACH and its programs to the community.
- Actively works toward developing leadership qualities as outlined in the ACH Leading the Way program.
- Management and oversight of the Philanthropic Grants Program including goal setting, plans to those achieve goals, and relationship management of approximately 100 philanthropic foundations. Must demonstrate extensive experience in project management and organization.
- Works to research and secure funding from local, state, and national foundations. Develops letters of inquiry, funding proposals and submission and required reports to by organizing specific action plans.
- Writes and maintains agency case statement including individual program descriptions, financial and outcome goals.
- Manages grant moves management cycle using constituent database for benchmarking and reporting.
- Utilizes constituent database for all record keeping including interactions with foundations and research, application and report deadlines, and stewardship activities. Adheres to database policies and procedures.
- Maintains grants calendar and complies with all grant reporting as required by donors and grant agreements/contracts. Adheres to all deadlines for LOIs, applications, reports, etc.
- Manages stewardship activities ensuring all foundations receive appropriate personal engagement, outside of official grant requirements. Prepares senior leadership for interactions with foundations including discovery calls/meetings, site visits, stewardship calls, etc.
- Works effectively with program and finance representatives to create menu of funding opportunities, both annual and capital, for the grants program.
- Works effectively with program and finance representatives to ensure implementation of outlined program deliverables and financial activities are in compliance with grant agreements or contracts.
- Coordinates a matrix of communication strategies through phone, email, mailed letters, video conferencing, and personal visitation.
- Demonstrates extensive proofing skills ensuring all applications and supporting documents are free of grammar, spelling, factual errors. Ensures all information accompanying applications and reports is up to date and accurate.
- Communicates effectively with Public Grants and Contracts Program staff to ensure coordination between the two grants programs.
- Arranges site visits with foundation representatives, coordinating with program staff on timing and tour assistance.
- Supports other departmental initiatives and activities as assigned.
Please apply online at www.achservices.org