KERA is seeking an Event Manager to connect with audiences through dynamic in-person and virtual engagement. Reporting to the Events Director, this position will have a specific focus on music and the arts, including KXT – one of the most-listened-to stations of its kind in the country and WRR – a national inaugural radio station and the oldest radio station in Texas.
WHO WE ARE:
KERA reaches more than 2 million people weekly through KERA TV, KERA News, KERA Arts, KXT, WRR and the Denton Record-Chronicle. For more than 60 years, North Texans have turned to KERA as a destination for trusted educational programming and initiatives, community engagement and lifelong learning.
As we seek to recognize and reflect the increasing diversity among our audiences, we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and with diverse perspectives to consider employment opportunities at KERA.
The Event Manager will support all aspects of events with a focus on KXT and WRR’s efforts to embody a lifestyle brand associated with music, community and local culture. This position will drive digital marketing efforts through social media and email, in addition to executing the station’s events strategy at regional concerts and festivals. In keeping with KXT and WRR’s goal to be more than a radio station, this role will be tasked with strategizing and creating opportunities for audiences to deepen their connection to music and the arts – online, on the air and in neighborhoods throughout North Texas.
This is a FLSA classified non-exempt position, which is eligible for overtime. The position reports directly to the Events Director and is included on the Audience Development Team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Plan and facilitate logistics for all events, including contract negotiations
- Facilitate and execute partnership agreements for local events, including concerts, festivals, arts events and more
- Oversee volunteers and aspects of the volunteer programs, including recruitment, training and time management
- Collaborate with the Audience Development Team on strategy and coordination of key initiatives and engagement
- Coordinate on-site presence at events, including marketing materials, swag, banners, tables, etc.
- Work closely with Events Director and Engagement Director and other teams on revenue-generating aspects of events, including ticket sales and fundraising opportunities
- Serve as on-site contact for venues and partners at concerts and events
- Provide data-rich summaries of events and initiatives
- Nurture and build relationships with coworkers, vendors, venues, and other industry contacts while crafting and implementing the creative and logistical aspects of all events
- Coordinate onsite volunteers for events with the Volunteer and Event Coordinator
As a KERA employee:
- Be an active participant in KERA’s work towards equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging
- Work in a manner that is consistent with KERA’s mission, vision and values; and maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Comply with KERA’s COVID policies.
- Perform additional duties as assigned
This list of job duties is not exhaustive and is subject to regular reviews and updates.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
We believe a strong organization includes employees from a range of backgrounds, with different skills, experiences, and passions. If you do not meet every job qualification but have some of these skills and feel you could be a good fit, we would like to hear from you. Please apply and tell us more about yourself.
- Two or more years of work in events, live production planning, nonprofit fundraising events, event marketing or public relations environment
- Proven expert in all aspects of events, live production planning, including cost containment, venue scouting, equipment logistics, room set up and best practices.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks on deadline
- A strong command of Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
- Ability to interact and communicate diplomatically with external organizations, vendors, internal departments and diverse audiences
- Experience with donor-centered business models and philanthropic foundations
- Ability to work on nights and weekends
- Physical ability to carry and set up tents, tables, chairs and other bulky items.
- Current driver’s license and reliable transportation
BONUS IF YOU BRING:
- Experience with the public broadcasting system and on-air TV or radio
- Passion for working with non-profits and the mission of public media
- Knowledge of the North Texas market
- $65,000-75,000 annually depending on experience
- Generous vacation (3 weeks), sick (8 days), personal time (2 days) and holidays (10)
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
- KERA-paid short and long-term disability, basic life insurance and AD&D insurance
- Flexible scheduling and hybrid work environment
- 403b plan with KERA-match after 1 year
- Work culture intentionally focused on diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Robust employee assistance program available to the employee and all members of their household
KERA welcomes a hybrid working environment. This position is expected to work in our Dallas office at least 50% of the time.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Complete the application on KERA’s employment page.
- Attach a resume and cover letter telling us why you're excited to work at KERA
KERA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
KERA believes that diversity is important to our success. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.