The Development Manager works with the Chief Advancement Officer (CAO) and Marketing Communications Manager in stewarding eternal relationships and raising money to meet the revenue goals for the general operating and board-approved special projects. The Development Manager reports to the Chief Advancement Officer.
The mission of Jubilee Park & Community Center (Jubilee) is to be a catalyst for community revitalization and enrichment in the Southeast Dallas/Fair Park neighborhood. The agency provides free multi-generational services to families living in the 62-block neighborhood of Jubilee Park and surrounding areas, a part of Dallas which has long been under-resourced.
Founded in 1997, Jubilee has grown into a campus which includes a community center, resource center, Head Start facility, Early Head Start facility, senior housing complex, food pantry, a 3 acre park and the new Jubilee Park Community Clinic. Jubilee works closely with residents to identify five key pillars that inform the work and reflect the community's greatest challenges and opportunities. Those pillars are: Safety, Health, Housing, Education/Workforce, and Opportunity.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage grant calendar deadlines and pipeline, create core narratives, and research funders to tailor requests as needed. Oversee prospect research and evaluate new grant opportunities.
- Strategize with CAO to create appeal goals and re-evaluate year to year as part of the development plan.
- Assist with proposal creation for corporate partners, family foundation, and individual donors, tailoring as needed.
- Oversee the process that keeps program staff apprised of grants received as well as reporting obligations. Work with Director of Research, Evaluation & Impact as well as program leads to report on program outcomes.
- Work with CAO to prepare fundraising strategies for the Development Committee and Board of Directors
- Implement donor relations plan, including in-person meetings, tours and mailed collateral packets and reports.
- Work with CAO to increase donor retention through creation and oversight of a stewardship plan for first-time donors and existing donors.
- Plan and execute goal-oriented donor events.
- Work with Marketing & Communications Manager to help strategize the donor communications calendar and creation of print and digital collateral for donor audience.
- Support the Advancement Department in execution of Marketing/Communications plan as needed.
- Oversee Raiser’s Edge database entry, updates and flow into donor relations and stewardship plans.
- Bachelor’s degree and three years fundraising experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required; grant-writing experience required.
- Knowledge of Dallas corporate/foundation funding community preferred.
- Database management skills required; E-tapestry or Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Spanish-English bilingual preferred.
- Microsoft Office skills preferred.
- Ability to work proactively on a team as well as independently required.
- Ability to work collaboratively with different types of personalities required.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude toward helping others.
- Comfort working in a highly integrated, innovative and collaborative team environment.
Please email a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Jubilee Core Values
We are AUTHENTIC
We are COMPASSIONATE
We are INCLUSIVE
We are PURPOSEFUL
We are RESILIENT
We are JUBILEE