The Development Coordinator position will manage/maintain the donor database, lead the department in special events, as well as assist with tours and handle administrative tasks, such as answering phone calls, mail, as well as donor correspondence.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of the donor database, Donor Perfect, to solicit, cultivate and develop donor and constituent relationships.
- Manage imports, data clean-up, updating, and entering of all records to
- Responsible for donor records related to donations from campaigns, events, grants, memoriam/honorarium, individuals, corporations, in-kind, and other sources including
- Utilize database effectively to develop accurate reporting and statistical analysis on donors, funders, campaigns, and special
- Communicate regularly with the financial team to ensure direct deposits are recorded in the donation database.
- Ensure database accuracy and handle data entry for all funding.
- In a timely manner, manage acknowledgment letters (receipts), tax letters, and correspondence requests regarding donations and ensure the accuracy and timeliness of all acknowledgements.
- Format receipts when verbiage is updated with appeals and newsletters throughout the year.
- Process and mail pledge reminders, receipts, and acknowledgements, and other donor communications as required, devising systems where necessary.
- Fulfill data and reporting requests, including the production of targeted donor lists, mailing lists, regular progress reports and extractions of data from the database for analytical purposes.
- Provide excellent and timely customer service to external customers who request information including recent and past donations and other donor records.
- Maintain database modules – payment processing gateway, weblink donor forms, etc.
- Attend and support development events.
- Maintain close productive working relationship with program staff, as necessary.
- Respect the confidentiality of all constituents.
- Maintain and update standard operating procedure (SOP) manual for Donor Perfect processes to ensure staff are following organization data entry protocols.
- Answer phone calls for the Development & Marketing department.
- Handle all mail correspondence as it relates to the Development & Marketing department.
- Schedule and coordinate donation drives.
SPECIAL EVENT COORDINATION:
- Take the lead on coordinating the agency’s annual Road Home Luncheon fundraising event.
- Assist Development Manager with monthly Road Home Tour.
- Serve as the main point of contact for third-party fundraising events.
- Delegate tasks regarding special events to the Development & Marketing team as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
GENERAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent combination of education.
- At least two years’ experience in the nonprofit sector.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
- Effectively function in a team environment with staff, volunteers, board & committee members.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Experience with donor database systems and events management software preferred.
- Ability to accomplish projects independently.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a high level of professionalism.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Superior time management skills, multi-tasking abilities, team playing skills.
- Positive collaborative spirit and team-oriented attitude.
- Core competencies include planning & priority setting, managing vision & purpose, composure, interpersonal savvy, technical learning, and learning on the fly.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with social services organizations desired.
- Ability to work equally well with staff members, clients, and volunteers.
- Ability to relate well to persons with varied backgrounds and beliefs.
- Supports Arlington Life Shelter’s mission and understands how it is organized and functions as a non-profit organization.
- Participates in shelter events as requested by Development Manager and/or Executive Director.
CHALLENGES TO THE POSITION:
The challenge to the individual holding the Development Coordinator position is functioning in an environment characterized by growth and transition. On an ongoing basis, the main challenge is an ability to thrive in an environment that requires significant self-initiative, flexibility, anticipate project needs, manage multiple projects at once, and collaborate among many team members both internal and external to Arlington Life Shelter.
Position requires sitting or standing for extended periods of time and speaking over the telephone.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as required by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Liz Hammond, CFRE at LHammond@arlingtonlifeshelter.org.