We are currently seeking an experienced Data Services Specialist to join our team in Addison, TX.
Who We Are:
Make-A-Wish North Texas - Since 1980, Make-A-Wish® has been creating life-changing wish experiences for children with critical illnesses around the world. Wishes have proven physical and emotional benefits that can give children with critical illnesses a higher chance of survival. When a wish is granted, a child replaces fear with confidence, sadness with joy and anxiety with hope. Wishes even reunite families and enrich entire communities. Every eligible child needs a wish to count on! To learn more about us, please visit us at https://ntx.wish.org/
About the Role:
The Data Services Specialist is responsible for ensuring effective and accurate management of the Foundation’s CRM database. The manager will ensure efficient and accurate gift entry/acknowledgement; work closely with the accounting and development teams to maintain data integrity; manage the relationship with Make-A-Wish America’s donor care team; and develop and prepare reports that support growing revenue for the Foundation.
What you’ll do:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Communicate effectively and often with Prospect & Stewardship Director to ensure expectations are clear, projects are properly prioritized and maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- Work with the Prospect & Stewardship Director and Development Leadership to prioritize data and donor care processing to support operational activities.
- Stay up-to-date with the functionality of the CRM database and serve as a resource to train and provide support staff on the tools and technologies used to support data and donor care activities
- Develop and manage Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for data entry processes.
- Ensure CRM processes and procedures are followed in accordance with the standards set out by our chapter and national office.
- Develop strategies and implementation plans to improve, streamline, and standardize all aspects related to gift entry, integration, and processing to enhance the donor experience.
- Maintain and improve processes to ensure efficiencies and productivity for gift entry, mail processing, event donations, credit card transaction and in-kind processing
- Maintain integrity of information in CRM database through cross-referencing, data checking, and various data cleansing activities, including de-duping, to ensure the highest level of data integrity
Gift Entry & Acknowledgements
- Manage the relationship with the National Donor Care Team to ensure that all data is accurate and processed properly
- With a high level of accuracy, responsible for gift processing including reviewing and recording gifts, assigning financial codes, understanding donor’s intent, and data entry into the database.
- Process all contributions from all donation sources and portals, for constituent and gift record entry.
- Coordinate with the National Finance Team for gift entry integration with our financial system
- Oversee mail & donor gift processes, acknowledgment process and letter generation for monetary and in-kind donations ensuring the accuracy of acknowledgement/tax receipt letters and timely distribution. Create, implement and coordinate with National Donor Care Team an import structure for workplace giving and online gifts.
- Process and reconcile all current event software (One-Cause) transactions.
- Ensure data standards and control components (i.e., codes and tables) are relevant and current; create new values when needed to meet new strategies.
- Coordinate closely with accounting and other departments to reconcile revenue and assist with financial reporting.
- Respond to donor inquiries and contact donors as needed.
- Produce donor invoicing in conjunction with the Administration Department if the need arises.
- Work with Accounting and Development staff to ensure completeness and accuracy of gift data and create and submit adjustments, when needed.
- Process all returned mail to Make-A-Wish North Texas.
- Create and oversee the PowerBi infrastructure for the revenue data by uploading, publishing, and providing additional reporting/support to our Senior Leadership Team, as needed.
- Provide online reporting to ensure donors are recognized and stewarded by the development team
- Create and maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and other metrics to be used to report on health of data and donor care related activities
Our Perfect Candidate
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business or related equivalent experience.
- REQUIRED: Technical proficiency in tools and technology to support job function including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Constituent Relationship Management & Event Management systems such as Salesforce, OneCause, BidPal, etc.
Required Abilities and Skills:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Exercise independent judgment through strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Strong organizational skills to prioritize and perform multiple tasks seamlessly to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Salesforce and knowledge of other constituent record management (CRM) system
- Strong business acumen with ability to build effective business relationships throughout all levels of the organization and external contacts
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to prepare and maintain reports in an accurate, complete, and timely manner
- Ability to present a positive and professional image of the Make-A-Wish Foundation of North Texas
- Ability to meet attendance requirements.
- Ability to keypunch information into a computer; sort and file documents alphabetically and numerically; and operate general office equipment.
- Must be able to work flexible hours beyond the normal schedule when necessary, including attending weekend and after-hours events.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and education
- Comprehensive benefits package available: (healthcare, vision, dental and life insurances; 401k company match; paid time off and holidays)
Please submit your cover letter with salary requirements (a range is fine), and resume to email@example.com