Who We Are:
Make-A-Wish North Texas - Since 1980, Make-A-Wish® has been creating life-changing wish experiences for children with critical illnesses around the world. Wishes have proven physical and emotional benefits that can give children with critical illnesses a higher chance of survival. When a wish is granted, a child replaces fear with confidence, sadness with joy and anxiety with hope. Wishes even reunite families and enrich entire communities. Every eligible child needs a wish to count on! To learn more about us, please visit us at https://ntx.wish.org/
How We Work:
We are a culture grounded in the knowledge that wishes bring hope that can change everything. We care about our wish families, each other, ourselves, and our communities. We believe in communicating with curiosity, assuming the best of intentions, and listening to understand. We think it’s important that all voices get to be heard. We are transparent. We passionately bring wishes to life, and we have a lot of fun along the way! Ultimately, we strive for joy in our work, so that we can be a source of joy for our wish kids and their families. If your experience and skills meet the needs outlined in this job description, and this is the type of work environment you value and want to be a part of, then please apply!
About the Role:
The Corporate & Community Philanthropy Director will serve as a front-line fundraiser, advancing relationships with and increasing support from corporations, foundations, major donors and community groups that have the capacity to make significant philanthropic investments in Make-A-Wish North Texas. In addition, the director will lead the corporate and community philanthropy team providing strategic leadership and day-to-day management for all activities related to corporate, foundation, major giving and community group giving,
What you’ll do:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Build and execute a strategy for corporate, foundation, major donors, and community group giving that creates multi-year or year-long commitments beyond event sponsorships.
- Manage and maintain an active portfolio of approximately 120 corporate and foundation donors and prospects through prospecting, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Increase revenue from corporate giving and cause-related marketing programs to develop integrated and robust corporate alliances.
- Establish an annual corporate partnership program outside of events with a customized integrated proposal/partnership opportunity for each corporation.
- With the support of a freelance grant writer, identify grant prospects, write proposals/related correspondence, submit and track progress of submissions (including the maintenance of a grants calendar).
- In collaboration with the Chief Development Officer, develop appropriate solicitation and briefing materials to inform, educate and communicate to corporate, major gift and foundation prospects.
- Enhance and manage current national corporate sponsorships, programs as well as identify new opportunities to partner with Make-A-Wish Foundation® of America.
- Oversee coordination of relationships with national partners and completion of reports to the National Office regarding national partners.
- Engage corporate sponsors through multiple channels including workplace giving campaigns, airline miles campaigns, corporate volunteer opportunities and in-kind donations.
- Evaluate current events and assess new ideas that will lead to growth of corporate and community donors in events and partnership packages across the Chapter.
- Hire and manage staff to grow and support a portfolio of corporate, foundation, major donors and community group donors across our 161-county chapter.
- Serve as a collaborative member of the team, participating in overall goals and policies, and establishing a culture of working together to achieve the mission of the Foundation.
- In accordance with the Make-A-Wish team philosophy, carries out or assists with other tasks in addition to those listed in the job description.
Our Perfect Candidate
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher or related equivalent experience.
- At least three to five years’ experience managing a team.
- Minimum of 7 years’ relevant experience building successful, sustainable relationships.
- Understanding of industry standards regarding donor stewardship and moves management.
Required Abilities and Skills:
- Exceptional strategic relationship management skills with a focus on growing the size of each relationship.
- Experience and proven success fundraising with corporation, foundations, major donors and/or community groups.
- Ability to successfully lead and coach a team in an agile, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated persuasive writing skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of financial tracking, budgeting, and project management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and experience with donor database software, Salesforce experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to solicit funds through personal contacts with donors and prospects.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills necessary to work closely with all constituents including vendors, donors, staff, volunteers, wish families, and the public.
- Flexibility to attend events that may take place early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Flexibility to travel when necessary.
- Ability to present a positive and professional image of the Make-A-Wish Foundation of North Texas.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and education
- Comprehensive benefits package available: (healthcare, vision, dental and life insurances; 401k company match; paid time off and holidays)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Please submit your cover letter with salary requirements, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org