Type: Volunteer, Part-time
About Us: At Destiel, our mission is to uplift and empower the LGBTQ+ community through compassion, advocacy, and personal growth. Pillars of impact will include education, support networks, and community engagement, as we aim to inspire resilience, promote inclusivity, and carve a path towards a brighter future where diversity is celebrated, equality prevails, and every LGBTQ+ person can soar to new heights in rural and urban communities.
Position Overview: We are seeking a skilled and detail-oriented individual to join our team as the Treasurer on the Board of Directors. The Treasurer will play a vital role in overseeing the financial operations of our nonprofit. This role is ideal for someone with a strong financial background who is passionate about using their expertise to contribute to a cause they believe in. This is a part-time remote role, ideal for someone who can manage various tasks while contributing to our early-stage organization's growth.
- Manage and oversee the financial affairs of the organization, ensuring accurate and transparent financial record-keeping.
- Maintain financial records, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, donations, and expenses.
- Develop and present financial reports to the board of directors on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with the board and president to create and manage the annual budget.
- Provide financial guidance and insights to support strategic decision-making.
- Ensure compliance with financial regulations and reporting requirements.
- Monitor cash flow and work to optimize the organization's financial resources.
- Coordinate with external auditors for annual financial audits.
- Assist in the preparation of grant proposals and funding applications.
- Uphold the highest level of integrity and confidentiality in financial matters.
- A strong commitment to the mission and values of Destiel.
- Proven experience in financial management, accounting, or related field.
- Excellent understanding of financial principles, budgeting, and reporting.
- Proficiency in financial software and tools.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with nonprofit financial regulations and compliance.
- Previous experience as a treasurer or financial officer in a nonprofit is a plus.
Time Commitment: This is a volunteer, part-time position. The Treasurer is expected to attend regular board meetings (currently weekly as the organization is new and allocate additional time for financial management tasks and reporting. The estimated time commitment is approximately 5 to 15 hours a week.
To apply, please follow these steps:
- Prepare your resume and a concise cover letter that outlines your qualifications for the Treasurer position at Destiel.
- Attach your resume and cover letter in PDF format.
- Email your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line:
"Application for Treasurer - [Your Full Name]."
We will review applications on a rolling basis.
Thank you for your interest in joining Destiel and contributing to our mission.
Destiel is an equal opportunity organization. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds and experiences.